• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

A question about the interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I was just wondering if it is possible to change the ingame interface. Not only the how the interface looks like but also how it works.

Let me clarify this with those two pictures. Change this:

Original.jpg

To that:

Edited.jpg

Level 32
It may not be possible to remove the mini map preview screen and replace it with another command palette interface. Doing something like THAT would probably take a fair bit of haxXing of Warcraft III itself.

MindWorX would be the guy to ask: maybe send him a PM and ask him to spell out the whys and wherefores for us here in this thread.

Level 4
Hm that is what I thought.

So the only way to do this would be to take a programmer hostage, lock him in my basement and order him to develope a patch that would change Warcaft III itself. On the other hand, then I could make him program a entirely new game as well if it is that much work.

Oh well, It would have been neat if it were easy, because when I got the idea, I just imagined a copy/paste thing. Copy the palette interface code and paste it over the minimap code.

Status
Not open for further replies.