• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A new World Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Good Idea continue You work!!! Im to want to create one tool on Wc3 WE But I need source code of BLP conversion and Mdx loading maybe You can send it to me?

Level 3
The thing that annoys me in the regular WC3 editor is you can only have one type of water color. That really sucks for my map because I have swamp and an ocean. If you could fix this problem, I will build a statue of you.

Level 6
Zoxc said:
I am making a new map editor for Warcraft III and would like some ideas and opinions. I will focus most on the Trigger Editor and the Object Editor. I doubt I'll recreate the terrain editor. Maybe a 2D tileset editor.

See this thread: http://wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?p=826068
Idead!How about modifying the damage values.On the original editor it accepted damage with +100,in this editor you might do something to accept damage with -100.And this editor should need some new spells like:Cluster Rockets,Transmute,Healing Spray,Toxic Flask,Chain Freezing,etc.And please insert also help on how to use the trigger editor.And should be a tutorial on how to create icons and what they need to work.I read the tutorial at the site,but it's not sufficient.Well there could be more features like:
-words can now be coloured;
-if you add the metal frame on the editor,please be automatical there,when we want to create icons.

Level 2
although i don't know how to make a map but i have tons of good ideas about making a map. if you ask for it i can help you with ideas

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I've seen that topic once.

Well, is it possible to add around 20 tiles? Or is 16 the engine's maximum?

And about terrains larger than 256x256, I've experienced some bugs. For example, being unable to summon a building EVEN while on Blight. A message that it needs to be summoned upon blight will appear nonetheless.

I've seen that topic once.
..is 16 the engine's maximum?

it is. i tried to add 3 more tiles (before using weu) via hacking some file inside map. their names are 4 letters long strings that are ununderstandable, but i opened some file inside war3.mpq and found all those strings have heir string relatives in we : LG1T = lordeaon grass, for example

i hacked it so it has 25 tiles! but ingame instead of last 9 tiles it showed up random 9 from those that game considers accetable.

Level 36
Right, make a much easier importing system. I mean not complaining about TFT's since it's lightyears ahead of importing in ROC, but make it even easier if at all possible. Like to the point where you only have to click to browse to import and then later on when doing unit data just replace it and it's good. That would make life so much easier :D

Level 6
put a trigger type for enhancing spells (better than WEU's because thats plain confusing) so like if u cast a spell there will be like 20 effects at once... or like the unit teleporting to targeted place with spec... nvm thats easy to do... but how about like in the spell enhancement u can make 5 spells trigger at once without useing dummyspells (like a unit casts an ability and then all his abilitys go off at once) and other things like that... A WHOLE SECTION OF THINGS TO MAKE COOLER SPELLS THE EZ WAY!

and maybe to where u can use imported skins on some ppl but not all like u have 2 types of sorceress's one that has your imported skin, and one that has normal! now that would be awsome!

make it to where u can import a skin
...then use imported skin or ROC or TFT skin

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.