• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A minor Trigger Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I made a Trigger that was Creating Zergling at an Building every X seconds. It worked like a charm, but I thought to make the units go at the rally point of the building, It worked again. BUT I'm getting a strange error:

Trigger Error in:

'gt_ZerglingSpawns_Func': Could not
get 'point' from parameter in
'Order Targeting Point'(value: 65535)

Here is my code:

• Zergling Spawns
    • Events
      • Timer - Every 3.0 seconds of Game Time
    • Local Variables
      • Point = No Point <Point>
      • Unit Group = (Empty unit group) <Unit Group>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Variable - Set Unit Group = (Command Center units in (Entire map) owned by player Any Player matching Excluded: Missile, Dead, with at most Any Amount)
      • Unit Group - Pick each unit in Unit Group and do (Actions)
        • Actions
          • Variable - Set Point = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 Zergling for player (Owner of (Picked unit)) at Point using default facing (No Options)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to ( Attack targeting (Unit Rally Point Target Point((Picked unit), 1, 1))) (Replace Existing Orders)

Any suggestions on how to remove the Error Message?

I have also attached the map, It's an .rar since the site doesn't yet allow for the attachment of Sc2 maps.

Attachments

• Spawn Trigger.rar
    23.6 KB · Views: 44
Level 5
The problem is in the very last line of code when you order the zerglings to attack. You are telling them to attack the rally point. You are getting an error message because Starcraft 2 doesn't know what that rally point is.

Rewrite that last line and remove the rally point (or define it above, I'd just remove it).

An example of how it is in my map:

Unit - Order (Last created unit) to ( Attack targeting CUSTOM POINT) (Replace Existing Orders)

And CUSTOM POINT is whatever point you name.

Level 5
The interesting bit is that the units actually indeed do attack the rally point. It just shows an Error.

Status
Not open for further replies.