• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

a little idea for RPG maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
this is a different way to get exp in rpg maps its like u get exp form every hit of ur attacks its a good idea i used in my rpg

Events
A unit is attacked
Conditions
attacking unit is a hero equal to ture
level of attacked unit equal to 1
Actions
add 5 exp to attacking unit

Level 3
actually i was thinking of having an exp system like that for my map(ninja scroll) which u can check out lower on the forum...but anyway , i like it.

what is ur map about anyway dracula :wink:

Level 9
well my map was not close to done its about Swords like Swordman MagicSwordman DuelSwordman HeavyBlademan and some etc i have made some items and the landscape the landscape is bad so i didnt really do anything to that map anymore
so now am making a map called mu maybe u heard of this game b4 or maybe u havnt its a nice and easy game to make but it just takes time with making the items

Level 10
dont bother making if you dont have a good save/load system. RPG maps which doesnt have one is ALMOST worthless to play. but on the other hand, some RPG maps with a save/load system are totally crappy. (e.g. Angel of Death)

Level 9
o dont u worry about that its not even close to finish and i still thinking if i should continue my work
but i do have a hero siege map that is nearly done i just have to fix some trigger for that map its got nice spells and stuff :) :)

Level 2
A unit is attacked

That triggers when a unit starts to attack I believe, not when the target is hit. Thus, you can spam attack something without ever hitting it for massive exp. Should test that to see if its abusable.

Level 3
qwerty said:
dont bother making if you dont have a good save/load system. RPG maps which doesnt have one is ALMOST worthless to play. but on the other hand, some RPG maps with a save/load system are totally crappy. (e.g. Angel of Death)

but if this is a single player map, wont the regular save work :roll:

Level 9
ill like to put this in too it will be useful for making items in rpg maps

EVENTS
a unit acquires an item
CONDITIONS
item-type of item being manipulated equal to (whatever item u want to put in)
ACTIONS
IF/THEN/ELSE/MULTIPLE FUNCTIONS
IF-CONDITIONS-INTEGER COMPARION-HERO-ATTRIBUTE
strength of hero manipulating item less than (a #)
agility of hero manipulating item less than (a #)
intelligent of hero manipulating item less than (a #)
THEN-ACTIONS
hero drop item being manipulated form hero manipulating item
ELSE-ACTIONS
do nothing

Level 9
ok i have this trigger that is also good for RPG maps but its adding attributes and it gets confuse

frist u have to do:

go to unit editor and get the (item agility skill)and then remove the arts and put ur own icons then make the skill lvl = 100 then make every bonus that adds to 0 then copy and paste and name the other ones str/agi/int make sure its lvl 100 and with 0 bonus add the 3 skills to ur hero

EVENTS
a unit gains a level
CONDITIONS
ACIONS
HERO-modify unspent skill points of leveling hero:add 4 points (if u choose 4 and + the 1 that u got form the lvl up its will be 5 skill points)

next trigger--:
EVENTS
a unit learns a skill
CONDITIONS
learned hero skill equal to (strength/agility/intelligent theses will be the skills u learn to make form the top)
ACTIONS
HERO-modify str/agi/int of learning hero add 1

Status
Not open for further replies.