• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A larger number of issues + help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Allrighty, I have several issues with triggers that I'm looking for help.

#1-Basic unit patroll or move to point B
I've been attempting to make a unit patroll a certain area via triggers on map initialization, however when it gets to point B it stops. I want it to keep patrolling.
I'd also love if you could show a trigger to make a unit patroll bethween 3 points. (Triangle)

#2-Lumber process simulation
I've been having problems with this simple process. What I want is the following: Move peasant near a tree, play stand-work animation and the stand-hit animation to the tree, wait 7 seconds,stop the stand-hit animation, move near the lumber mill playing the walk-lumber animation (Doesn't have to add lumber to player), then return to the same point near the tree and repeat the trigger.

#3-Issue attack order
What I'm trying to make is, if a creep enters a region, the guard attacks the creep (It dies on first hit) then guard goes back where it came from facing the angle it faced before.

#4-Adding multiple spells
I'm trying to add multiple spell resources from THW. I've never used custom spells, so I'm new at importing spells. I've tried to figure it out by myself, but the real question is: How do you import spells? Can you import more than 1 spell/system without deleting your previous triggers?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks alot and please bear with me, as I'm a very novice triggerer. Note that you will receive rep if you help me :thumbs_up:

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
1 & 3 Check gameplay constants for section 'Creep' and change values in guard distance. Make sure you have checked field 'Custom data' in right top corner of window. Gamaply constants are found in Advanced menu.

For triangle partol you also need regions. Refer to entering event via Events - Unit enters <your region> and then use Unit action - Issue Order Tartegging A Point (look below).

Issuing any order in GUI in found in Actions -> Unit Section, scroll a bit down and you will find multiple function:
- Issue Order Targetting A Unit (attack, spells ect)
- Issue Order Targetting A Point (move, patrol, spells ect)
- Issue Order No Target (stop, spells ect)
- Issue Order Targetting A Destructible (gathering, spells)
- Issue Order Targetting An Item (pick, attack ect)

4. File -> Preferences -> Automaticaly create unknown variables when pasting trigger data - check this on.
Importing GUI spells = CnP
Importing Jass Spells even easier, you don't even have to open map sometimes if someone has pasted code, because you can just CnP text inside ;<

Remember to check what dummy units/custom spells given spell is used because thats always important to make sure all object interacting with it are in your editor.
For multiple spells click 'white page' icon just up on Trigger Editor task bar, is called 'New Trigger'.

2. Does players lumber property changes during the game (the one who has peons with lumber animation) or it's constant 0?

Level 3
1 & 3 Check gameplay constants for section 'Creep' and change values in guard distance. Make sure you have checked field 'Custom data' in right top corner of window.

4. File -> Preferences -> Automaticaly create unknown variables when pasting trigger data - check this on.
Importing GUI spells = CnP
Importing Jass Spells even easier, you don't even have to open map sometimes if someone has pasted code, because you can just CnP text inside ;<

Remember to check what dummy units/custom spells given spell is used because thats always important to make sure all object interacting with it are in your editor.
For multiple spells click 'white page' icon just up on Trigger Editor task bar, is called 'New Trigger'.

Thanks for the early answer! I'd like to note that the creeps are sometimes custom units assigned to another player, when I said creeps I meant both friendly and enemy units. Basicly a unit that doesn't normally get auto-attacked.

I'd also like to submit that, a while ago after I tried importing some spells, my jass newgen editor has completely broken and it gives me all sort of errors when trying to save any maps, such as "World editor variable gives nothing returns nothing" and thousands more. What I tried:
-Reinstalling warcraft;
-Reinstalling jassnewgen;

I also would like to note it doesn't give those errors in the normal editor.

EDIT: Lumber property remains the same, the process is a simulation, purely for aesthetical purposes.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
For JNPG help go here. Esspecialy look on those 3 pictures in 'Settings' section.

EDIT: If it's constant I guess player is constant too, thus use this simple trigger:
Note: Events found in Player - Properies; Action found in Player - Set Property. Now you can just use normal gathering ability.

• init
    • Events
      • Player - <your player>'s Actually lumber amount becomes Greater than 0
    • Conditions
      • <add if needed>
    • Actions
      • Player - Set <your player>'s Current lumber amount to 0

Level 3
For JNPG help go here. Esspecialy look on those 3 pictures in 'Settings' section.

EDIT: If it's constant I guess player is constant too, thus use this simple trigger:
Note: Events found in Player - Properies; Action found in Player - Set Property. Now you can just use normal gathering ability.

• init
    • Events
      • Player - <your player>'s Actually lumber amount becomes Greater than 0
    • Conditions
      • <add if needed>
    • Actions
      • Player - Set <your player>'s Current lumber amount to 0

Oh man that's great, I never knew about that function. I wish I could rep you but I allready did.

Allright, so for the lumber problem I'll be using normal harvesting. But the question is, is there a way to make a tree never fall? That way I can skip the animating and the destructible animation problem.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Shift + Double click on field Damage dealt to trees and enter 0.
For future info, I'll tell you that this trick + field (found in File -> Preferences) 'Enable negative values' gives you posibility to manipulate object editor data as you desire. NewGen editor expands that even further, giving you nearly no limits.

Level 3
Shift + Double click on field Damage dealt to trees and enter 0.
For future info, I'll tell you that this trick + field (found in File -> Preferences) 'Enable negative values' gives you posibility to manipulate object editor data as you desire. NewGen editor expands that even further, giving you nearly no limits.
That's amazing. man you are one shrine of knowledge, I wish I knew that negative value thing before, it would have spared a long series of trouble with trees.
One last question and this thread is solved:
Is it possible to enter longer item/ability descriptions? I've seen screenshots where item descriptions were very large, but even with jass newgen, I can't seem to fit in a very informative description.

Status
Not open for further replies.