• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] How to input a number larger than 0, but with more decimal numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
This is kind of niche, but sometimes when I make an ability, I want to input a number above 0, but very small like 0.001 to avoid infinite duration and such, without using triggers for simplicity's sake.

I've been trying a workaround by copy-pasting the value of the "Amount of Hit Points Regenerated" field from Aura of Blight, which is 0.004 if I remember correctly. Is there a better/more elegant way to do this?

On the same note, is there a way to completely turn off the "0s duration = Infinite duration" thing?

Level 27
I use Storm Bolt as my base ability (1.31 editor fyi) and when I set the Duration - Normal to 0.001 with Display Values as Raw Data, with Shift-Enter, and with Auto Fill Levels, but it always round up to 0.00.

And no, you can't turn off 0s = infinite.
Damn. I was getting hopeful for a solution there for a second.

Level 27
0.01s should normally be good enough, but sometimes, the buff can still show up in that short timeframe. Since I'm kind of a perfectionist when it comes to this stuff, it's quite bothersome.

Not sure if Shift + Enter lets you save a 0.001 value for Storm Bolt, probably not.

No, it doesn't let me, which is why it sucks. Editors should have the option to turn off the "0s = infinite duration" thing, because if I want an ability that lasts really long, I can always set it to 3600 or 7200 seconds.

Anyway, thanks for the help. I'll chalk it up to another one of the editor's bullshittery and mark this as Solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.