• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A handy little something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
This is for the Race ending graphic. With a little tweaking you could of course always use the same graphic for the MK hero as for the Race graphic, but this guy just made it a little easier for us.

You know, players end with a Human, Undead, Orc or Nightelf graphic. Blizzard made the same sort of Race Graphics for Naga and Blood Elf, but not for Dwarf. So this one could be used.

Level 2
Got it

Ok, I got it now. I checked this from WarCraft, and indeed there is a race icon like this on the score screen; somehow I had forgotten the existence of the whole icon. This is indeed quite handy. I just have to do a similar icon for gnolls. And find the location of the original textures so that I can replace them.

Level 2
Race and hero icons in score screen

I added now score screen icons for the dwarf and gnoll races, as well as for Bark, Thorp, and Philiastrasza who lacked their own score screen icons previously. However, there was a problem with the premade dwarf race icon; its backcolor was black all over, while it should have been transparent outside the borders of the box. So I had to create my own version of the icon.

Level 2
Huh, dwarf icon deleted

I was just looking at the submitter of the dwarf race icon, and it appeared to have been deleted. So it seems that the guy won't mentioned in our credits unless somebody remembers his name.

Level 2
Dwarf icon

Well, yes, but the thing is that I modified his icon by changing the black background to a transparent one. However, I could have remade his icon in 15 minutes by combining score screen icons for the human race and for a mountain king. So this is not a big deal, but still we could have given him some credit for his work.

Level 2
Yeah. :wink: Perhaps he comes forth. Hope we don't get several candidates saying "Me! Me! It was me!"... :)

Level 2
Identification

I suppose that whoever did the scorescreen icon still has it on his/her harddrive. So I suggest that he/she submits the picture to this forum, whereafter I can compare with the file on my disk and see whether it is the same. If this is going to get any more complicated, I will remake the icon myself so that I don't have to worry about the credit issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.