• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Few Dissipates

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to Retera's, particularly when working with Reforged models. While I know how to rig a simple dissipate anim in Magos with classic models, I can't seem to figure out a similar method for Reforged.

If someone who is a little more savvy with these new-fangled models would be willing to help me out, I have a small group of models I'd really like to have Dissipate animations for.

- Undead Dissipate for Cityscape Heretic creep model
- Undead Dissipate for Dalaran Ruins Flesh Golem creep model
- Normal Dissipate for Mathog's model
- Normal Dissipate for Drak'thul's model

If you want to be extra cool and slap some hero glow on them (besides Drak'thul, who already has it) while you're at it, that'd be great, otherwise I can just work with the sharedfx model and auras, of course. xP

Thanks in advance!

Ah its rather simple to get a dissipate animation, no riggin required really, you can just import any hero to your model, and just take the Dissipate animation, and then just get rid of the decay animations and there you go have a dissipate lol you can also grab the hero glow from this too, by bringing the particleemitterpopcorn- heroglow with it too. If you are unsure on how to do the import let me know, and i will explain to you in full detail how to do an import. Its easy, i would do your models for you here, which i will if you cant figure it out, but i would like you to make the attempt so you can learn how to. :)

P.S. upon taking a dissipate animation, if you have skeleton and organs geos, they will likely have visibility, but as making it a hero, you will not need these, the skeleton and organs geoset can be deleted

I know the barebones basics of animation importing with Retera's, but I haven't been able to get it to work with Dissipates. Dx I tried giving the Orc Warlord Garithos' dissipate animation, for example, and only about half the model got the animation while the other stayed on the ground, lmao.
ah lol, bones bones, they are the key lol. alright i can do those up for you then, the bone page in the import screen is very important, you must double check the bones when you press import motion to all. something silly like Bone_hand_right, would be on another model as R_hand_bind_jnt, and the leg for an another example Bone_leg_left is the same as L_leg_bind_03_jnt as you will see 01-02-Boneleg-04 while some will just be 01 02 03 04, chests and heads, hdanimbinds also lol, many things could be named differently so always double check.
But ill get started on them soon here. so question about the heretic, you are using for a hero im understandiing, so in the project me and my friend working on, he wanted the heretic as hero, so i have him as a hero with lich animations, telekenitic type, throwing dagger for attack, custom missile. if you are interested in that i will make a post. or will just do him as he is for you. let me know

That sounds very interesting and I'd def be interested in checking it out! I plan on using it as an undead Alchemist type hero more than a full-on magic user, but I'm sure I can make it work, haha.
oh what kind of animations you would like him to have really? lol and alright ill may post it tomorrow.
i got one of them done your flesh golem, i may be off duty now for the night got some stuff to do but ill continue in the morning
i used the dreadlords death/dissipate for him and gave the hero glow, the rest will be coming lol

Attachments

• FleshGolemHero2.mdx
    4.6 MB · Views: 28
Ah i had time to do Mathog, gave him garithos dissipate and modified it to mathogs death position

I tried giving the Orc Warlord Garithos' dissipate animation, for example, and only about half the model got the animation while the other stayed on the ground
i believe was the bone name problem of yours since his horse is ride_ and the others are mount_

lol so yea here mathog, the others shall come tomorrow and let me know about the heretic if you like i can give him almost whatever animations lol

Attachments

• MathogHero2.mdx
    2 MB · Views: 45
Warlord looks great! Pretty much exactly what I was looking for, thank you. ^^

Less crazy about the Flesh Golem's replaced death animation, I have to say. I was honestly just wanting him to have a standard undead dissipate where the body stays mostly still and the undead soul effect thing flies out. The new death animation doesn't really fit the sound effect of the Flesh Golem's death and looks a bit strange without all the effects that the Dreadlord has upon death, with the exploding shadows and everything.

I hate to ask since you're already doing a lot for me, but would it be possible to redo the Flesh Golem with something more like what i described above? Dx

As for the Heretic, I'm not sure about specific animations you can draw from, but the general plan I have for him is to make him an undead Alchemist type hero. Specifically, a Forsaken apothecary. I was planning on using that crystaline thing he's holding as a vial, thematically, so if he could have an animation where he tosses it at people for an Acid Bomb-esque spell, that would be great. His other planned abilities will be a sort of Healing Spray type spell, an Unholy Frenzy style buff where he induces a chemical rage in a target, and then something where he summons a sludge monster. Most of that could be covered by the potion-throwing anim, but if you have alternate ideas, feel free to experiment!

Less crazy about the Flesh Golem's replaced death animation, I have to say. I was honestly just wanting him to have a standard undead dissipate where the body stays mostly still and the undead soul effect thing flies out. The new death animation doesn't really fit the sound effect of the Flesh Golem's death and looks a bit strange without all the effects that the Dreadlord has upon death, with the exploding shadows and everything.
lol yea, if you look at the undead heros, most of them have the body dissapear during the death animation, the pitlord, arthas, and sylvanas have the "normal" dissipate with the undead effects, crypt lord dissipate sinks. also golem to big the actually the see efects but they are there lol. but yea i can change, maybe the sinking one of the crylord dissipate will be better suited to him.

ill take a look at some animations for the heretic lol

so give me a bit ill have them ready soon :)

True, you've got a point there. Guess I'm just too used to the Classic style where the Death Knights and Crypt Lords didn't move during the dissipate at all, haha. But yeah, sinking would probably work a bit better, in this case. Sorry to be a bother about it!
its no worries, my projects and stuff are on hold thx to blizz messing up the vjass/jass stuff in worldedit, so i got time to mess around on models lol

Guess I'm just too used to the Classic style where the Death Knights and Crypt Lords didn't move during the dissipate at all

alright i restored original death of fleshgolem, gave it more the less the dissipate you are thinking of, he lays there and fades away lol
got Drak'thul done too, starting the Heretic now, be a bit on that one i think xD

EDIT: forgot to bring the undead dissipate effects to the golem xD

Attachments

• Drak'thulHero2.mdx
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
  • FleshGolemHero4.mdx
    4.6 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
As for the Heretic, I'm not sure about specific animations you can draw from, but the general plan I have for him is to make him an undead Alchemist type hero. Specifically, a Forsaken apothecary. I was planning on using that crystaline thing he's holding as a vial, thematically, so if he could have an animation where he tosses it at people for an Acid Bomb-esque spell, that would be great. His other planned abilities will be a sort of Healing Spray type spell, an Unholy Frenzy style buff where he induces a chemical rage in a target, and then something where he summons a sludge monster. Most of that could be covered by the potion-throwing anim, but if you have alternate ideas, feel free to experiment!

I got your Heretic done, I duplicated his spell animation then modified it into basically throwing the crystal, Spell Throw animation for the acid bomb skill, also I did a little missile, used his crystal in place of the acid bomb so he actually does throw his crystal for the spell. Got to have that effect you know lol, so enjoy, let me know if you'd like any modifications

Attachments

• HereticCrystalMissileD.mdx
    68.5 KB · Views: 40
  • HereticHeroNewB.mdx
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
The animations themselves are all great! Tyvm, especially for the Heretic.

I did notice two minor things that could use some tweaking, tho. Dx

1. The Flesh Golem fades away during the dissipate animation now, but doesn't spawn that undead soul effect thing like you did for the Alchemist.
2. Mathog and Drak'thul need the dissipate sound effect attached to the animation. It's silent atm.

The animations themselves are all great! Tyvm, especially for the Heretic.

I did notice two minor things that could use some tweaking, tho. Dx

1. The Flesh Golem fades away during the dissipate animation now, but doesn't spawn that undead soul effect thing like you did for the Alchemist.
2. Mathog and Drak'thul need the dissipate sound effect attached to the animation. It's silent atm.

lol you know i put it on the golem, but he decided to be stubborn i guess lol, he is fixed same with Drak'thul has the sound now ( i did Drak'thuls dissipate myself, didnt use any hero for it so that would be why it didnt have sound lol )
Mathog, funny thing, i had to wipe my eyes a few times to make sure i was seeing correctly, Lord Garithos has no dissipate sound? lol im stunned, no wonder there was none on mathog but he is now fixed ofc lol

Attachments

• Drak'thulHero4.mdx
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
  • FleshGolemHero5.mdx
    4.6 MB · Views: 35
  • MathogHero4.mdx
    2 MB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies.