• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A few basic recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm not sure if any of my ideas have been listed before, and if so, please excuse me.
First of all, I would really enjoy seeing an application for Mana Crystals and ... GOLD. The only thing worth buying with MC are those recipes from Lumberjack Enc. but they cost only 2 MC, and the Stash, so that is not a problem after a few dungeon raids. Speaking of Gold I am sure many will try to contrary me, but I can speak from personal experience - my Sin has 21k gold + stash, same goes for my Crus - 14k gold + stash. As far as I know many people have plenty of gold and mana crystals, so having them stacked being unused is kind of pointless.
Second of all - about Berserker. In my opinion It would be really fun if Bers could use two 1h weapons - Snowdrift and Soulguard for example. Those Alt builds could prove fun, but Storm Blades will need a little remake.
Third and one of the hardest to complete and most innovative ideas - making mercenary gearable. Everybody will purchase a Merc for himself, gear him with items SPECIALLY DESIGNED for mercenaries and then - save them along with their characters.
Furthermore, there should be SOME way to transfer items between characters from same account, even if they are saved. Maybe make a special stash where you can store items transferable between your account. It will be much easier to gear your characters, but it may kill this part of being fun to play (hard time finding a certain item). I also suggest adding some scrolls - inc. as, ap, sp, haste or at least elixirs - every class can buy the elixir it needs. Those are the ideas that I got on mind at the moment, if I think of anything else (which will most certainly happen) I will add them, feel free to correct me for any grammar/spelling mistakes, also feel free to express your own opinion regarding my ideas, hope you find those ideas useful and creative!

Level 2
Diablo II? ;D
I'm pretty sure gold already has a programmed use in 1.2b, such as early skill scrolls (the ones from d1 and d2) available for sale, upgrading legendary items and ofc stats reset.
The mcs will take part in the upgrading process as well, afaik, and you already can use them as well to reset talent trees, if you happen to wanna try a different build.
Regarding mercs gear, I don't think the savecodes have enough free space to save mercs AND their gear; I might be wrong, though.

Level 4
Here's my thoughts about your ideaz.

1: Can't say much about that, need to play more ;p

2: Not sure about this either.

3: I doubt gearing mercs would be possible. You would need more space to save the actual merc AND the items. It causes the codes to get longer and for less space available to save more important things. I personally also don't like the idea. Mercs are just fillers and solo helpers and should stay that way. I don't want to see mercs fill the place of someone even more so than they do now.

4: I disapprove of stashes being transferable. The easiest way I can think of doing that is having a separate stash code that only works with your name. And even then...what would the point be if you can just give stuff to the chars you aren't playing? It would probably cause people to stop playing it quicker and just wait for content to be released.

5: I'm sorry, but I also don't like the idea of adding elixirs xD. I feel like, if they wanted elixirs, then they would've added that at the beginning of the development. We currently don't rely on outside stat boosts besides our chars own buffs. The elixirs would have to be balanced around that. Giving the elixirs reasonable boosts may cause chars to become really op. But making them cost a lot of gold or having less stats will cause people not to buy them nearly as often. It's basically a lose-lose situation.

Level 2
That's why I suggested those things, to be either approved or not. I'll be glad if other people start suggesting minor and major changes as well, would be interesting to see different opinions. And Bretzelfromhell you might be right, I may be influenced by Diablo II unconsciously .. :)

Level 3
I would like some kind of buff potions, but yes, i dont think they will add it, because if they wanted it would have it already.

I would like some kind of buff potions, but yes, i dont think they will add it, because if they wanted it would have it already.
The thing about buff potions is: it is extremely difficult to implement in a satisfying way.

Buff potions either tend to be either too strong so that they become mandatory or too weak, so nobody cares about them.
Also they would be stupid to manage, especially since you only got one potion slot in the game.

This does not mean that there won't be 'pseudo potion effects' in the game, like awarding a temporary buff for completing a weekly quest or killing a certain boss, etc.

Level 2
Temporary buffs as rewards from repeatable quests? Sounds interesting. Would it be doable to create RANDOM repeatable quests? Like the (stupid) quests that used to exist in the earliest versions of vanilla Sacred:
"Oi, adventurer, we heard you like randomness into randomness, so we wondered if you could go and find a <poledancer/cooker/alchemist/necromancer/clown...> for our <weekly party/mayor's funeral/daughter//son//'s wedding/beerfest...>. Someone told me that <she/he> resides in the <cathedral/swamp/graveyard/ruins/goblin camp/caves...> just <south/north/east/west> of here."
Or just have to :
-go and kill mobs from a randomly generated list (e.g. 8 quillboars, 2 wolves, 68 bandits and 21 mountain beasts)
-go and loot random materials (3 silk, 1 basilisk poison, 9 cotton and 3 copper)
-go an rescue random npcs (2 soldiers in ogre ruins, 3 citizens in d2 and 1 kid at a random foothills boss' place)
-and so on...
And if this is doable, could the quest tokens be used in conjunction with those 'buff rewards'? I.e. the completed quest makes you the happy owner of a freshly generated quest token (stackable up to a tiny stock, like 3), and the questgiver unlocks a -previously grayed out- merchant option that allows you to choose one out of (another tiny amount) ~5 buffs (caster/tank/dps/support/heal-oriented, as an example).
But I bet this would mess with the unique_quest_rewards_from_tokens concept -that has already been thought and planned, as far as I know.

EDIT: -would those special buffs be stackable/given to the whole party/whole-game-lasting?

Level 3
Or add new recipes and use it near an Alchemy labs, and with 5% haste/crit or even AR i would totally go for it <3.

Level 3
I would appreciate a small boost of meteor fragment, like +30 mp or so...u gain 40 gold more from selling it compared to pure sapphire, but pure sapphire seems to be the better misc. Compared to bishop, sorcerer should be the MP tank...but he is lower HP and MP, especially if u want to have some spellhaste on sorcerer.

Level 1
I'd like to leave my input on this. What you said about MC's and gold... Well, I'm pretty sure there'll be some use for them in future versions.

Berserker with 2 1h weapons? Great idea! I've been wondering myself if that would ever be possible to implement. How cool would that be, right?

I don't think making mercenaries gearable is such a good idea. First of all, like people pointed out already, there's not enough space to save both merc and their gear + your char and their gear. Also, it would make soloing much easier and mess with the balance of playing with a party and going solo.

Please do not even suggest making items transferrable between characters. Not only will people finish the game much faster, but when you're playing with a party and something that you need drops, someone else might roll for it if they need it on their other char. I don't think anyone would want that. Sure, we might agree to give the gear to someone who's already playing that class and needs it first, but still, it would destabilize the game.

And about buff scrolls, I hate temporary buffs in any game, so I'm not too sure I would support you on this one

Level 5
heyyy!! Long time everybody haha

...No one replies....

yeah I bet no one remembers me lol but still got one eye on this great game and one eye on uni... but I've got a suggestion!

I've realised people are hating how fast people complete their characters... get the full set needed etc... well how about upgrades to weapons and armours to make thing more diverse and interesting.... upgrades go up to +9 (or any number) and at a particular stage, lets say +5 we add the LUCK factor! theirs a chance for the upgrade to fail!

Now if any of you guys have ever played those action grindy games you've probably seen this system, which is annoying (because of the luck factor) but a the same time so satisfying because its something to do and show off!!

Just a vague suggestion I thought I throw in! Peace!

Level 9
we're only getting our characters "completed" quickly due to the fact that these are the low level world bosses of the new areas, no real time sink, unlike a dungeon, its like gearing from wolf/crab/troll, also mentioning we havn't even hit level 50 items or quests yet, gargoyle is kind of the introduction to the level 50 bosses, or did he get reduced to level 47 or something? Anyways, we still need level 50 bosses/euipment and d4 to come out before we can say we have "completed" characters.

Level 2
trying to revive an old thread again..

heyyy!! Long time everybody haha

...No one replies....

yeah I bet no one remembers me lol but still got one eye on this great game and one eye on uni... but I've got a suggestion!

I've realised people are hating how fast people complete their characters... get the full set needed etc... well how about upgrades to weapons and armours to make thing more diverse and interesting.... upgrades go up to +9 (or any number) and at a particular stage, lets say +5 we add the LUCK factor! theirs a chance for the upgrade to fail!

Now if any of you guys have ever played those action grindy games you've probably seen this system, which is annoying (because of the luck factor) but a the same time so satisfying because its something to do and show off!!

Just a vague suggestion I thought I throw in! Peace!

well, about adding luck factor, people could just repick and craft again until successfully upgrade the equip which is not the point D:

I'd like to comment about buff potion, I noticed that there's something called cauldorn in riverdale's inn, maybe there was a plan to make some kind of food or potion that can be "crafted".

It would be hard to balance (and perhaps could be exploited in some way) so I still don't know what impact it could bring to the game, it could help smaller parties to finish some otherwise hard or impossible boss but could make bigger party getting too strong and killing bosses easily.

Level 1
For a second there I thought I was getting a sense of deja vu there, until I realized this is an old thread revived once again by chiya :p

Status
Not open for further replies.