• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Aeon of Strife] A couple unfinished projects, anyone want to help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've recently caught a break with college and now am looking into some of my old work. The problem is I'm going to be headed back to school in a week and I was wondering if anyone would like to help me out. I don't even mind if you want to take over and just complete them I would rather see them played then wasted on my slow pace work.

Anyway the first one is CustomHeroWars

It's based off of the original Custom Hero Wars but is different.

Features-

Three lanes like a normal AOS
Pick your own spells of course
Backpacks
Maximum of 5 spells + Innate spell
26 innate spells + More to Deck out your champion
Level up to 50+
Summon Minions to help push past tower rows
Random Duel System 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, ffa. (Not Working Yet)

Whats Lacking-

Increased variety of normal spells, lacking custom spells still.
Few Items, Test items similar to league of legends.
Only 9 hero's to choose from so far.
Jungle needs to be finished.
Needs overall terrain makeover.
Spell Mechanics Need to be moved over into unit indexing system

What I want to add eventually-

Tough jungle creeps, this game is meant to last till around level 50 so I want them to be a team orientated challenge to begin wit and then early-mid game to be solo able.

Dungeon System, the waygates in the map were the beginning of boss orientated, special item drops and rare item recipe drops. In order to destroy your opponents tough defense you will need to brave the dungeons kill the bosses and fight off t he enemy team if they try to stop you. But afterward you will get a nice item or a rare special recipe item.

The other game is Firefight, which will be renamed because it feels more like its becoming a modern warcraft.

Firefight

Features-

Two races, Goblins and Rachni
The goblins are a current earth tech feeling ground force with tanks and heavy artillery.
The rachni are a race of insects whos main strength is buffer units an larger numbers.
Both races have Melee, Ranged, and Air units.

Lacks-

Proper Ai (Only Goblin Ai, Plays defensive only)
Rachni not finished

What I want to do-

My only real goal with this since its became a normal RTS is to just add all the races with guns and tanks into the game, like the space orc's and marines.

Also there are allot of promising skeleton marines and machinery to make a modern undead race.

For creeps I was planning to use the Gnoll Hunter and Gnoll Pyro models which seem appropriate.

Would appreciate any help or advice.

Attachments

• CustomHeroWarsAOS0.1a.w3x
    2.9 MB · Views: 87
  • sonniRTS Firefight.w3x
    2.4 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Level 21
I'm working on a map which is somewhat similar to your hero wars.
Some differences:
1 lane and a massive jungle(so far unpopulated)
I have coded 22 custom spells already. I don't use usual ones as anything more than components for untriggerable things.
Technical ability limit is 7 actives and any amount of passives(11 is most likely).
All stats are trainable; There is no stat gain for levelling up.
Stats and abilities can be reset.
Only 3 main hero types, due to huge customizability.

Level 14
If you need an useless unreliable person which can barely do anything you can choose me for giving useless comment if I have time.
Also I can perhaps try if I think to and that I roll an 3333333333 on one dice 2 to make an bad useless ia wich plays wrong for your Rachni.
The way eggs works make hard the creation of an ai so i will not be able to make one.
Seems that you did not choose priorities for units targeting(generally it allows the ai and the attack toward location order to work more efficiently).

Last edited:
Level 3
Well

Thanks for replying and gorg please do check them out all feedback helps even pointing out some negatives. Also I realized the rachni will be an AI problem, I just haven't done anything on firefight for a while was planning to change egg system. Mainly at the moment im just seeing what I can do with custom spell making though I'm a noob in this area it may be a while till I start working on hero wars again. However long it takes, in accordance to daily life vs free time.

Level 14
What if you added the ward classification to heroes so they would have 11 buttons for abilities and 1 for ability distribution and there would be still the right click order which is generally sufficient.
And you could do as you already use dds an loot system where you would win as gold the percentage of the life you deal as damage to units * the loot the unit is supposed to drop instead of having loot on kill which is horrible as it make the players try to get last hit and to kill allies for not giving the gold to enemies.

Level 21
Wards do not show buttons. At all.

I personally use slot-based order IDs and only channel-based abilities. This means that if an ability is in a specific slot of the command card, then it has a specific hotkey and can never collide with other abilities.

Level 3
Yeah I didn't think about the spell id thing, I just was kind of content with what I had learned already. The spells have changed about 4 times... all of them I changed because before I was using a stat system which would let you gain 3 hero stat points per level and thus were able to get spells up to level 99. But I was not sure how it was going to work, so I took them out. Later on I even tried to super impose what free resource spells were available on hive but after long testing I found many of them to be good only in very specific triggered scenarios and many would crash or break the game after many cast. And so I removed all of those, I believe meat hook is still in there somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.