• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A BDTE Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, Hiveworkshop members!

Here's a Demo of Broken Dawn - The Elementals which I hope will answer some questions about gameplay. However, before you try these please read the following information.

First of all, this Demo does not include any part of the actual project, which is played entirelly cooperativelly. Included are 3 versus maps created for Demo purposes only.
Both the Beast and Shifter races are playable, along with a choice of Melee or Ranged hero, and the classes: Pyromancer, Technican, Brute and Summoner. These Races and Classes are the main purpose of the the Demo and are therefore accurate reflections of the respective versions within the actual project as of late November 07. These are likelly to be modified before release.

I chose these races for certain reasons. The Shifter race was chosen because it seems interesting in terms of gameplay, and appears to be a bit more confusing to describe than to demonstrait. The Beast race is a fairly standard race at the point of the demo and should work as a decent contrast.

Also keep in mind that the actual project includes much more content than this demo. The Demo is a preview of some content, not all. (I trust most people would know this already)

Included are 3 versus maps of different layout, ally settings and theme. These are [BDTE](2)Crossroad, [BDTE](2v1)MurlocIsland, and [BDTE](4)Portals. All three have been optimized using Heavylocker v2.8. This has caused some minor graphical bugs, such as some icons not showing properly and special effects displaying on the wrong unit. These issues do not present themselves in the project. In each map there is a brief description of gameplay twists which will be present.

NOTE: Although these maps are protected, there are ways to break the protection. I was not able to clear out the content from the project out of the maps, so I must ask you NOT to unprotect the map for any reason. Failing that, if you do unprotect the map please do not share an unprotected version nor any map assisted by anything from these maps. If you want information on anything in the Demo post in the forums and I'll be happy assist you.

This Demo has not undergone beta testing, so errors may be present which will be fixed during the projects beta testing phase. The terrain was all done by myself, Gauntlet2021, and I believe it to be satistfactory. However I am not the terrainer for the project which I hope will be significantly better.
I would love if this could be used exclusivelly by Hiveworkshop members, but I doubt that will happen.

For me, there was a strange problem where the maps weren't appearing in the maplist ingame, I don't know why. But if this does happen, it is easilly fixed by taking the maps out of its folder and placing them with your other maps.
If there are any significant bugs, let me know.
-Gauntlet2021

Attachments

• BDTE Demo.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 533
Level 34
I tried it out just now. Shape shifter is a cool idea, but you need to use better models in my opinion. Not sure what you can do, maybe custom?

You also need to work on the placement of the buildings in the build skill. Mkae them go in a similar order to wc3's. Also put the tier one first, then tier two, then three. Don't put them all random like you did.

Level 8
I'm not sure why it jumbled the build order (probably something with heavylocker), I've made sure to check the actual project and it's not the same there. The order is meant to go something like: Town Hall, Unit-training Structures, Supply Buildings, Towers, Misc (Gold Mine, Farm Buildings and the like).

Oh, and I believe their's a problem with the Shifters where the Mythic Ruins won't spawn anything.

EDIT: And that effect that happens when you click units is optional in the full thing, I noticed some people found it annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.