• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

(8)Poisoned Plateau

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Edit: Oh, whoops, This map is done, uhm...I'm not really looking for guidance on improving THIS PARTICULAR MAP but just melee map making in general...

This is a Melee Map. I'm not so great with melee maps so I took Blizzard's Marketplace map and edited that. It's called Poisoned Plateau; for the Plateau in the middle of the map has poison on it. It has really hard creeps, which helps train you for creeping on other maps...it also features going into the waygate to get to the tavern. I worked pretty hard on this map, and it does look really, really great, but remember - I didn't do the whole thing.

ok i deleted the attachment, i will post the map up at the other place in a moment.

Last edited:
Level 13
well, the idea behind the doodads typically is such that the flowers are trying to creep onto the map to heal the plateau...they're not overdone, they're only at the locations where they are supposed to be. in the marketplace map, the houses were all bunched together at the edges of the map with the flowerbed so on my map the flowers are at the edge of the map and they are overgrown...but it's supposed to look that way, please don't call it spam.

and as for you, Super-Sheep, please try to give me something constructive to work with. you say the map sucks, ok, well, how can i make it better? why would you tell me to look at blizzard's maps anyway when i had just said i just edited a blizzard map to make it? it sounds like you have no useful suggestions but feel free to try to prove me wrong.

Level 13
Well.. Dont make so big and exmpty ares. Have "roads" where to go and so on.

what kind of road? you want me to mark something on the ground? there are already paths, and i do not see any big and empty areas. are you sure you're looking at the right map?
did you try playing it? those big and empty areas probably won't look so big once you get a game going.

edit: oh nevermind, i think i know what you mean... i'll see what i can do lol
thanks for the tip and quick response.
uhm...anyway if i add roads isn't it going to upset the other guy who says the map looks too artificial? although i'm not sure what he's talking about it looks plenty natural to me...and that's another thing, if i do add roads it will make the map look weird, it's a forest, there isn't even a road terrain feature. i can use dirt...but yeah that'll look ugly/articifial...but i'll give it a try and see how it looks in game i guess.

edit: ok the dirt for a road idea isn't working out, but leaves might work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.