• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

5 minute doodad request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Well it might take a bit more then 5 minutes but it is probably one of the easiest request on the hive(atleast that ive seen). It shouldnt take you too long. I am making a campaign where one chapter takes place in the blades edge mountains in outland. What i need are the spikes. The ones in Wc3 dont look anywhere near good enough. Here is a pic of the spikes.

razaani_spawns.jpg

More pics can be found at wowwiki or by searching blade's edge on google.

Rep, of course will be given. I would really appreciate if someone could make this request, and it would improve my map alot. If you want to see the campaign that it will be used for, then you can find the link in my signature. Thx.

Level 12
Oh man, these spikes have a lot of faces and a factor of randomness. They are definitely not a 5 minute work, it's easier to make a castle or a car than this pile of stuff. And a good texture itself takes some time to be made, regardless of a model. So if you make a request, don't tell "make it in 5 minutes", I am almost sure most people will skip this challenge because they like to work in a relaxing atmosphere :).

I could help you to make it in .obj format if you know how to convert correctly. When I tried it last time I've lost my UV mapping in the process, and somehow programs which work with mdx directly have a strange UVmapping interface for me (read: unfamiliar) so I didn't learn it yet.

We could help each other: you point me to a tutorial or tell yourself which tools to use and how to do it to leave Uvmapping on a OBJ model while you convert it to MDL (and how to leave texture link, because programs I use don't know blp format, so there should be a way to convert tga->blp for a texture and link the obj file to blp not tga) and I make you some spikes.

Level 15
i dont expect you to make it five minutes my point was that it shouldnt take too long. it doesnt have to look as detail as that in fact you could use the original warcraft spikes as a base and then just a couple of spikes coming out of the sides. And for the texture you can just use some thing like the barrens ruins archway. I dont expect a complicated looking arrangement of spikes in fact i dont even care if it has all the spikes coming out of the sides, although it would be a bonus. I just didnt like the color sceme of the wc3 spikes and i couldnt get a good enough color even with OE.

So let me re word my request- i need a sort of straight spike (you could use one from wc3) with the texture from doodads>barrens>structures>ruined arch. And if you want to make it look even cooler then you can add some spikes that come out of the base spike.

Sry i dont know how to do all the converting and all that.
I guess i did make it sound like a complicated model, sry, lol.
If someone could make this request then i would greatly appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.