• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

5-6 Wall models based on existing pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hello, I’m trying to recreate features from this Castle Pack: hiveworkshop.com/forums/packs-542/fortification-buildings-213196/ But it’s for what I intended lacking a few pieces. I want to give the user more flexibility in how it is built and to accomplish this I need 6 new models and 2 model fixes.

· Box
· Dead End
· Pass
· L-Corner
· T-Cross
· 4-Way

6 Models.png
Note 1: I'd prefer if their 0 rotation would be as the pathing ground seen in the image.

· 4x4 Invisible Wall (fix)
· 6x6 Invisible Tower (fix)

DoorGlitch.png
Although I'm not 100% sure these model fixes are necessary yet, need to do more testing.
· Remove the flag from and/or stretch the Grand Tower. (low priority)
· Create a 2x4 staircase (very low priority)

Current progress:
Doors, towers, walls, siege towers, gates all connect and work.

To-Do:
- Siege Ladder
- Capturable Gates.
- Building directly from a wall piece (north, south, west, east).

Last edited:
Level 11
I like what you have going here. I like that you're expanding on @MassiveMaster 's work, his castle defense map was definitely lacking and tough to learn.

Would definitely like to see this done, and with your permission (+credit given) I wanna use it in my medieval builder project.

Also you should add some stairs as well as better proportion in relation to the units.

Level 15
I like what you have going here. I like that you're expanding on @MassiveMaster 's work, his castle defense map was definitely lacking and tough to learn.

Would definitely like to see this done, and with your permission (+credit given) I wanna use it in my medieval builder project.

Also you should add some stairs as well as better proportion in relation to the units.

Thank you for your support. Sure you or anyone may use it when It’s finished, although I didn’t really plan for it to be a resource.

I don’t know how much easier my scripts will be, I like to think they are but it’s not up to me to tell. I could send them to you for a review once I'm done updating what I have.

As for stairs, since the plan is to have central paths, as seen on the pathing ground from the screen shot the current stairs are not desirable, the solution I’ve made is to have a connecting node (circle of power) that can target towers to create doors into them. If I find a way to use the existing stair model or a new one this connector building will be updated to also connect with walls to create stairs.

Level 11
Awesome, I'll be happy to review them, although I have no idea how to implement the script. Hopefully there's a tutorial somewhere.

Maybe the stairs could work with the T-Cross or 4-way? Or is it that the stairs need to be remodeled? I like the door system - maybe both can be implemented eventually?

Keep up the good work!

Level 11
Any updates or progress made for the system? My map is making progress, units + attachments are 75% done so I'll be uploading my work to the forums soon + screens of the new UI and combat system.

Would like to see this system done eventually.

Also can you show me or point me towards a tutorial of how you made buildable walls pathable? I only know how to do it with doodads so far. I'd ask @MassiveMaster but he's been MIA for months...

Status
Not open for further replies.