• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

480x480 map causes "not enough storage" error on load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Was working on a map that was the original maximum 240x240. Found out about UMSWE's ability to increase this maximum to 480x480.

It all works fine in the editor, giving me a lot more space to work with, but when I save it and try to play the map, the loading bar gets to 100% then instead of saying "press any key to continue" it stays there for a while before crashing.

This application has encountered a critical error

Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Program: ...\war3.exe
File: .\cmemblock.cpp
Line: 372

Press OK to terminate the application.

I havent changed anything about the map except for the map size/camera bounds. Am I forgetting to do something?

I've played other 480x480 maps without problems, does anyone know how I can fix this issue?

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Basically you protected the map somehow, Either re-start the map (aka make a new one), find an old version of the map to use, or do nothing. There might be ways to get around the protection, but I don;t know them.

Level 2
Nah I dont think its that, I still have the old version of the map 240x240, as soon as i take that map, make it 480x480, it no longer loads in the game. Still loads in the editor fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.