• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[4] Young Pickaxes 1.0

Reactions: GolluM_KoMe
Young Pickaxe

Players: 2 to 4
Goldmines: 8
Version: 1.0
Playable area: 92 x 92
Suggested modes: 1 v 1, 2 v 2 or FFA
Tileset: Barrens

Description: Develope your village with other players while killin the big ammounts of hostile creeps around your bases.

Notes from me: This is my first melee map made with someone else, and this person is wanza. I made the map and he pretty much made the terrain. Please enjoy!

None

196985-albums4140-picture39946.png
Contents

[4] Young Pickaxes 1.0 (Map)

Reviews
20:50, 28th Dec 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 28
You've definitely improved in creating melee-maps, although there are still a few flaws.

One thing you must pay attention to are the drops.
A level 8 item for a level 10 creep camp is way too good, you should heavily decrease that drop (level 8 items are the best items... you don't give them to a creep camp that's barely even orange).
You haven't got a single charged item in the map, it's all permanent, permanent, permanent and occasionally a tome.
Too much permanent items are really not good, there's a max amount of slots and charged items can be a great advantage in battles.

The terrain is a great improvement (you can thank Wanza for that :p) and since it's symmetrical, there's no balancing problem.
The only thing I suggest is that you make all corners like the upper right one, since in all other corners the creeps are too close to each other.

Level 19
I have a question, does Blizzard count the scores when players play on custom made ladder melee maps?

Level 28
I have a question, does Blizzard count the scores when players play on custom made ladder melee maps?
No, they don't.
This is because custom melee maps aren't always as good (balanced) as the ones they made themselves.
So if custom melee maps would count, then you could drastically increase your win/loss rate with imbalanced maps.

I do believe that some maps get chosen to be official melee maps, but I don't think they do that anymore... (Does blizz still check wc3?)

No, they don't.
This is because custom melee maps aren't always as good (balanced) as the ones they made themselves.
So if custom melee maps would count, then you could drastically increase your win/loss rate with imbalanced maps.

I do believe that some maps get chosen to be official melee maps, but I don't think they do that anymore... (Does blizz still check wc3?)

They almost forgot wc3 I guess XD