• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(4)Whirlpool v1.10

(4)Whirlpool
Player Suggest: 1v1
Idea: Its INSEKT idea, don't mind me if I do...
Map Creator: Zucth

Map Description:
A fertile land flooding by rainy season. Only some part of the land were cover with rain.

Neutral Building:
12 Goldmines (all - 12500)
1 Tavern
2 Goblin Merchant
4 Goblin Shipyard
2 Mercenary camp -Sumer

Creep Camp:
8 Green
16 Orange
0-2 Red [4 base]

Information:
-Map have a size [104x104]
-Rather a standard look and mercenary camp.
-The map is design for 1v1 especially. But you can go with 2v2 if you want. (Range between player warning!)
-Map layout were base on Twisted Meadow, but flood.

v1.01 fill up the mana cap, terrain smooth, some light doodad
v1.02 remove the AoW bug -cant place.
v1.03
-remake the lv11 AoW camp lower the camp hp(1k->450), replace ensnare with bloodlust+disruption. this make other race than orc that can bm +speed scroll values boat portal early game. ++this camp take to long to creep watching from ATR match.
-more reward at the map corner, as before this, naga guard is just abomination hp with swimming ability. So I decide to try replace it with naga turtle that has devour ability and swimming he is kind of lame creep but this could catch annoying and attention of the opponent even more than before. He also do siege dmg.
-added albatross just for visual.
v1.04 a fatal rookie mistake: creep didnt sleep at the shop. Change from 6-5-3-2 to 6-4-4-2 with same item drop
v1.05
-isles RoR camp change from naga turtle(too much op) to sea elemental lv5 since he can swim & less OP than ensnare. ++added pw1 to the camp (buff the value of corner camp)
-added Scroll of Protection on c2 drop.
-rename to Whirlpool (from Water Wheel)
v1.1
-make v1.1 am additional version for reforged set auto cross-spawn for 1v1
-buff the isles item drop from p3+pw1+RoR -> c3+pw1+RoR to make it worth to go there. (for any later change I might change it to c3+exp.tome)
-adding more decoration doodad.
+I also has an idea to adding shredder to shipyard for more balance. But that's a part of altar-melee.

this map was use in ATR Cup
Previews
Contents

(4)Whirlpool v1.05 (Map)

(4)Whirlpool v1.1 (Map)

Reviews
mafe
It's not only a green map, it is an almost completely Lordaeron Summer map :O Tbh I dont have much new to say about this map. It's clear that by now you very much know how to make good and balanced map and this is one of them. Sure there are ships...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
It's not only a green map, it is an almost completely Lordaeron Summer map :O

Tbh I dont have much new to say about this map. It's clear that by now you very much know how to make good and balanced map and this is one of them.
Sure there are ships but they are most likely just an afterthought, for better or worse. The map seems too small for players to have the time to venture out to the islands, considering the rewards from the creeps there also dont look that attractive. But it's a fun way to introduce the rune of rebirth, even though generally speaking I'm not a fan of this item.
Maybe the idea of attacking the main bases with boats and siege from behind could be interesting and give boats some additional, but I wouldnt this kind of gameplay to be enjoyable if it is repeated too often.

Overall, the map would not look out of place at all among the default blizzard maps. Approved.