• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(4) Emerald Fields

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Lambdadelta
Wow, it's been quite a while! I've finally been able to update this map; thankfully. I do apologize for the rather massive (Almost 3 years!) amount of time in between the update; unfortunately I got rather busy.

Key points:
-4 Expansion Mines (Around the center)
-Supports up to 4 players (Suggested format is 2v2 though)
-203 Trees in every starting location (Equals out to 10150 Lumber)
-Perfectly Symmetrical (Was my top priority.)

Neutral Buildings:
-2 Goblin Laboratories (Guarded)
-2 Goblin Merchants (Guarded)
-1 Mana Fountain (Guarded)
-1 Health Fountain (Guarded)
-1 Market Place (Guarded)
-2 Taverns (Unguarded)

Creeps:
-8 Green Camps
-12 Orange Camps
-5 Red Camps

Quick Story:
The once glorious Quel'dorei gardens of Adan'arah served as a place of meditation and relaxation for the Highborne who were fortunate enough to gaze upon it. Legend states that Queen Azshara herself ordered for the massive garden's construction.

Creeps are now considered to be 'camping.'
Added a few items to dragons
Improved terrain vastly.
New description.

Added some slight details to the terrain.
Placed some creeps at the gold mines.
Rebalanced most creep's loot.
Added a few more trees to the map.

Keywords:
Melee, 2v2, Shaeam, Nolyp, Warcraft III, Warcraft 3, Wc3, W3, Base Game, Ladder, Blizz-Like, Blizzard Like, Standard, Ashenvale, Emerald Fields, FFA
Contents

(4) Emerald Fields (Map)

Reviews
14:41, 24th Jan 2011 -Kobas-: Map Status: Rejected Broken Rules: / Comment
Level 15
The heavy storms in this area make most look unkindly towards the Emerald Fields (here) but to someone such as yourself it's vast resources are perfect for causing war upon your enemies.

But it's natives aren't very thrilled to see a new face.

I feel there is a need to pause after Emerald Fields, perhaps a comma or a semi-colon? It's just me though o_O. I feel like joining in the story telling...

Here's my revised version of the quick story. I don't know if it's any better or worse o_O

Heavy storms in the area cause most to look unkindly towards the Emerald Fields, but it's plethora of resources become a perfect spot to wage war. Exert caution; as the natives aren't about to share with newcomers.

Here are a few things I found with the map:

• You've got this Green Dragon camp in the middle of the map, yet they don't drop anything? I know you've got the Marketplace there, but still? I thought it'd be worth something.
  • You give players free Gold Mine expansions as there are no creeps guarding the Gold Mines in player start locations. Solution? Place some creeps there, the Melee Initialization triggers will remove any creeps nearby a starting location:

• Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)
  • I like the use of heavy rain and fog to create a storm ambiance, although the fog is rather thick, I guess it's fine though.
  • You don't use many Doodads, it's mainly just trees and tile variation. Some environment would be nice. You could check the following maps that also share the Ashenvale tile set for inspiration: (4)Deathrose, (6)Moonglade, and (8)DragonFalls. Although some of them are rather bare in some parts.

Other than that, I guess it's fine to add to The Hiveworkshop's Melee Map list, although I don't think people play them much, do they :grin:?

Also, shouldn't you add Marketplace to the list of neutral buildings you have in the opening post?

Last edited:
Level 7
I feel there is a need to pause after Emerald Fields, perhaps a comma or a semi-colon? It's just me though o_O. I feel like joining in the story telling...

Here's my revised version of the quick story. I don't know if it's any better or worse o_O

Here are a few things I found with the map:

• You've got this Green Dragon camp in the middle of the map, yet they don't drop anything? I know you've got the Marketplace there, but still? I thought it'd be worth something.
  • You give players free Gold Mine expansions as there are no creeps guarding the Gold Mines in player start locations. Solution? Place some creeps there, the Melee Initialization triggers will remove any creeps nearby a starting location:

• Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)
  • I like the use of heavy rain and fog to create a storm ambiance, although the fog is rather thick, I guess it's fine though.
  • You don't use many Doodads, it's mainly just trees and tile variation. Some environment would be nice. You could check the following maps that also share the Ashenvale tile set for inspiration: (4)Deathrose, (6)Moonglade, and (8)DragonFalls. Although some of them are rather bare in some parts.

Other than that, I guess it's fine to add to The Hiveworkshop's Melee Map list, although I don't think people play them much, do they :grin:?

Also, shouldn't you add Marketplace to the list of neutral buildings you have in the opening post?

I appreciate your feedback and i'll get right on it.

The description errors are probably just a mistake I made because I was half asleep =P
And you know, I don't think any people do enjoy melee maps anymore... It's sad really, Warcraft 3's melees are rather entertaining if you ask me.

Edit: It's been updated.

Last edited:
Level 15
And you know, I don't think any people do enjoy melee maps anymore... It's sad really, Warcraft 3's melees are rather entertaining if you ask me.

I'm sure there is a small minority that does. However, this is a modding site, people want to mod the game and play custom maps, I'm not sure. Also it's rather irrelevant :)

Also, are you sure you uploaded the updated map?

Moderation

(4) Emerald Fields
Created by Shaeam ; Uploaded by: Nolyp

• Set neutral hostile units Target Acquisition to Campaign
  • Add some more doodads :)
  • Add some more item drops (example: dragons on center of the map)
Sorry I can't wait anymore, if you decide to fix errors be free to do so and update map, I will gladly check it again.
Map status: Rejected

Broken Rules:
/
Thread Cleaned:
/

Level 7

Moderation

(4) Emerald Fields
Created by Shaeam ; Uploaded by: Nolyp

Sorry I can't wait anymore, if you decide to fix errors be free to do so and update map, I will gladly check it again.
Map status: Rejected

Broken Rules:
/
Thread Cleaned:
/

Apologies. I updated the map and it should be free from stupid mistakes... It's rather embarrassing that I forgot to make the dragons drop loot.

I re-uploaded the updated map feel free to give another review on it.

Level 7
God damnit, are you positive?

If so I think i'm updating the map wrong... It doesn't seem to be uploading the current map file...

Edit: Hah! God i'm a idiot, I uploaded the previous version instead... I think, this should work now.