• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

3 problems (Building selection, diplomacy and victory conditions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Okay, so I'm making a map and I got three major problems.
1. When you double-click on a building and there's a building of same type that's under construction nearby, it selects only the buildings under construction, even if you double-click on ones not under construction.

2. I want all players at begining to be hostile or at least neutral with no shared vision, but able to ally, unally, share vision and share control with anyone they want to. Any help with setting this?

3. Victory conditions. See, at begining every player gets a unit. When it dies, the player looses. Oh, at begining all the players (I picked them all with active players, hope this doesn't pick neutral and hostile, only the playing palyers and AI players) belong to one group, and when the player looses the special unit and looses, he gets removed from group. Then I wanted to make so it would make a player that belong to that group check, and so if it would show that there is only one palyer left, he would win. But I kinda failed here, could you explain me how tio set up this trriger? I'm kinda bad with trrigers.

I'll be much apprecaited if you'll help me and give some feedback. I will definetly give you rep and probably even put you in the credits list.

1 Is impossible AFIAK.
2 Check "map variations" tab in Map>
3:
  • Events
    • Unit- A unit dies
  • Conditions
    • (Unit type of triggering unit == builder)
  • Local Variables
  • Actions
    • if (Number of units in unit group(Units of type in region(entire map, builder))) == 1{
      • End the game with Victory for (Owner of (Random unit from unit group(unit of type in region(map, builder)))
      • (for each player in (active players)){
        • Defeat (picked player)

Level 12
You did change max number of workers to 3, but left "Powerbuild bonus ..." on 0, meaning that 3 builders build exactly as fast as 1.

I had no luck finding out the selection issue, but I think the problem isn't the Build in progress ability, I tried placing command center (which uses the same build in progress ability), and it worked fine.

Level 27
You mean, I need to set the build and ordinary model to same file?
Hmmm, then I'll need some more help. See, on my map, I based workers on civilians (Or colonists, whatever), and so they just stand while working. No work animation. same for structure anims, they are kind of like frozen during the construction...

Level 27
Found it! Found it found it found it!
It turns out that there was some selection layer mumbo jumbo thing, related to model. Since all of my models used for construction were based on units, they were on layer 0, though buildings should be on layer 2!

Thanks for your help guys. I released a new version of my map, featuring selection bug fixes!

Status
Not open for further replies.