• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skeletal Coast v1.3

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
「Skeletal Coast v1.3」

By Strajder

Gameplay
[tr]
"Skeletons litter this dying land. Will your enemies be next, or you and your allies?"

Gameplay: Based on StarCraft II team 4v4 maps. Two teams of up to four players start in "fortresses" and can expand on one of the two expansion "islands" or at the exposed expansion in front of the fortress. (Since version 1.2, the map had to be made "altered melee" to satisfy the need to arrange players in two teams on opposing sides. This is accomplished using custom triggers and player force settings.)

Lore: Skeletal Coast is the coastal area to the north of Shadowmoon territory in WarCraft II, the domain of Ner'zhul's Shadowmoon clan.

Screenshots
[tr]

249528-albums8609-picture104810.png

Return to real Draenor
249528-albums8609-picture104731.png

You probably don't want to know what fuels the Mana Fountain...
249528-albums8609-picture104730.png

Portals allow for sneak attacks on unsuspecting enemy expansions
249528-albums8609-picture104732.png

This "Swamp" tileset from WarCraft II was my inspiration for the custom tileset of this map
249528-albums8609-picture104733.png

Features
[tr]
1x Fountain of Mana
2x Goblin Merchant
2x Goblin Laboratory
4x Tavern
8x starting Gold Mine (15000 gold each)
8x expansion Gold Mine (20000 gold each)
1x pair of Waygates

Credits
[tr]
Map idea and design: Strajder

Custom tileset: parts of Blizzard's tilesets for Black Citadel/Outland, Village and Felwood, modified in GIMP by me (Strajder)

Custom loading screen: Blizzard's loading screen from WarCraft II and "X" mark from WarCraft III, modified in GIMP by me (Strajder)

Changelog
[tr]
2015-12-26: version 1.3: Bug fixes. Added a "spider" creep camp in the upper right expansion island, symmetrical to the one in the lower left island. Smaller terrain fixes, more rocks in parts of the river bed to make it harder to navigate.
2015-12-24: version 1.2b: Set the starting mana of all creeps to 100%. Minor shuffling trigger tweaks.
2015-12-23: version 1.2a: Moved the Yellow starting location closer to its corresponding gold mine.
2015-12-23: version 1.2: Bug fixes. Moved some creep camps so they aren't affected by removal of creeps near player starting points. Added some rocks to the north and south rivers. Added player force/alliance settings and custom triggers in order to enforce teams on different sides of the map, making a map formally not melee. It is still melee in spirit. :(
2015-12-22: version 1.1: Bug fixes, smaller terrain aesthetics fixes.
2015-12-22: Map creation date.
Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Keywords:
warcraft 2, warcraft ii, skeletal coast, ner'zhul, shadowmoon, orc, undead, necromancy, demons
Contents

Skeletal Coast v1.3 (Map)

Reviews
06:56, 28th Feb 2016 Ardenian: Good job with the symmetry, Strajder! The map could profit from some additional small doodads, to decrease its monotonous look, please try to search for some matching ones and whether you can improve the overall...

M

06:56, 28th Feb 2016
Ardenian: Good job with the symmetry, Strajder!

The map could profit from some additional small doodads, to decrease its monotonous look,
please try to search for some matching ones and whether you can improve the overall look, Strajder.

Please clean up the triggers from unused triggers and trigger lines.

Level 4
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. This is a work of love. :wink:

I think I'll have to switch the map to non-melee and create some triggers to make the teams start correctly. That would make even 1v1 work, as the players would always be on opposing sides.