• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Garden of War [Remake] v0.4a

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: StoPCampinGn00b
:vw_wtf: Garden of War Remake :vw_wtf:
:goblin_yeah: The altered version of Warcraft 3's Garden of War :goblin_yeah:

:goblin_yeah: NEW UPDATE 0.4 :goblin_yeah: (8/7/2014)

Feature:
  • More Gold Mine. Gold Mine also provide a lot of Gold.
  • More creeps.
  • Map Boss, Celestial King. Drops the most powerful item in this map, Celestial Ring.
  • 4 NPCs! Celestial Merchant sell great equipments for Hero; Exchanger - you can trade your gold with lumber or lumber with gold; Tomes - Sell tomes; Glyphs - Sell Glyphs.
  • Mercenary Camp sell various creeps, including Naga Race.
  • Demon's Lair, sell powerful creeps like Infernals, Voidwalkers, Doom Guards, and Nether Dragons.
  • Custom Heroes. Check on Tavern
  • Any much more. Check on the map :ogre_kawaii:

1. Now, Celestial Merchant sell Custom Items. In this version, there are 5 custom items.
    [*]Moved Custom Heroes back to Tavern.
    [*]Minor changes on terrain, doodads and units
    [*]Celestial Guardians drop Custom Items.
    [*]For the other change, see at F9 :vw_love:

Recommended Player: Full player without AI.

Here's some screenshot:

4_New_Heroes.jpg

Mercenary_Camp.jpg

Demons_Lair.jpg

Celestial_Guardian.jpg

Jade_Challenge.jpg

War.jpg

War_2.jpg
[/IMG]

Please try my map, and :goblin_cry: please give me feedback :goblin_cry: on this thread or email me at [email protected]

Credits:
Celestial Ring,Treasure Chest icon: PeeKay ; Gryphon, Death Seeker, Dagger model: -Grendel ; Jade model: HappyTauren ; Celestial Guardian Icon: Alpain ; Jade Missile: Kitabatake ; Enchan Battle Mode: Sin'dorei300 ; Enchan Normal Mode: levigeorge1617 ; Royal Guard: Callahan.

:ogre_haosis: Thanks for reading. Have a nice war :ogre_haosis:
Contents

Garden of War [Remake] v0.4a (Map)

Reviews
00:06, 4th Sep 2014 Orcnet: abgm's review
Level 3
review: i played the map, here is my friendly feedback to improve your work

1)"Gold Mine also provide a lot of Gold" 95k of gold i think destroys the need of expand to another base, just play defensive and build thousands of towers

2) numbers is to see somehow what hasnt changed and help the analisis
229248-albums7583-picture88554.jpg

by changing the creeps position you are altering the balance of the map and simetry, only with this i think the map loose quality the orange creeps of the south are more accesible for player 3(green south) than the others. goldmines i think they shouldnt be unguarded

3)"Map Boss, Celestial King. Drops the most powerful item in this map, Celestial Ring" i think that boss and his golem guards doesnt fit in this enviroment, same thing to the red rocks that doesnt fit with the tileset and the creeps and as i said is to near player 3(green south) and the others cant acces in the same way

4)"Minor changes on terrain, doodads and units" changing a tileset for another can be done with one click in this case change lordaeron rock for ashenvale rock fits well

Mercenary Camp sell various creeps, including Naga Race: even in some melee you can put differents mercenary camps to have more diversity like (felwood-ashenvale); (underground-northrend), (dungeon-blasted lands), so adding the naga to the camps where we are in an enviroment that almost doesnt have water, and we seems to be some eastern kingdoms forest, i think naga shouldnt be attended, other options may fit better

5) NPCs! : this were hard to find because you cant see them in the map and they dont sell the same so this will be very imbalance ever and is near player pink the vendor who sells books so he will have the win card because if he reach his heroes to level 10 before the others, he will win
near pleyer green(north) is the other cool vendor that sells custom items, but i think the set is for aos or hero arena and this is altered melee so i think this custom vendors makes tha game more imbalance than give fun

6)"Custom Heroes. Check on Tavern", i cheked them, here i see where you really worked, good work! honestly but i have some things to say. First no custom icons has been used

death seeker skills:
a- dark contract: i think this is imbalanced, because at level 1 you can summon a unit as powerfull unit as your hero with 600hp with 26-29 attack and the skill overwhelming attack (25% of attack to near enemies) also when the time of the summoned unit reach 0 you can summon it again
b- scream of terror: that skill is preset
c- calamity song: is vampiric aura with the icon changed with the icon of a preset skill of the troll hero , so instead of aura the hero sings and the hero fortifies his allies, singing... a song?
d- increase stats: presets of wc3 tft campaing
e- special level 6: a red ligthining as chain ligthining of thrall 500 damage, nice but nothing new
overall: i think skill a should be tested more , skills b, c and d arent atractive, overall i think this hero should have more work

Glyphhunter skills:
a- stab: the icon is preset but accurate for the custom model, simple, nothing wow but is ok
b- evasion: preset
c-astral jump: same icon and use as teleport preset
d- return aura: same icon and use than the preset thorn aura,
e-especial level 6- same as the especial of the beast trainer, but instead of the stamp of kodos this is a stamp of the stabs, same model as the stab skill, the icon should be changed really
overall:this hero has only one attack, 1 special and 3 non atack abilities so i think one pasive should change to attack to be balanced

guardian skills:
a-royal slash: same icon as overwhelming attack but with 35 % at level 1, never use the same icon for two diferents skills i think
b- royal bash: same icon and use as the passive of the dwarf mountain hero,
c- astral shield: devotion aura of the paladin but with the naga icon
d-royal art strike: same icon and use as critical strike from swordmaster
e-royal wraith special level 6: more speed, more attack, so this unit wont do a single nice spell, is just a buff skills, i think this skill should be a normal and not the special.
overall:so in the end 4 passives? whats mana for until you reach level 6? , hero imbalanced

Enchantress skills
a- enchant armor, interesting but i think at level 1 5 amor to a friendly unit or yourself for 30sec is to much, i sugest 2-3 because is to few mana 50 and can be used a lot with the heroes
b- enchant damage, this will give aura 30% of attack for 30 sec, actually this seems pretty clever so you active this aura when you have army just in case i think it should start with 10% at level 1, but is quite cool
c-faster: the name could be better, this increse speed, of you and your party in aoe 800
d-another interesting, this will speed you and your allies for 30 sec, may i wonder if is balanced, i think it will be better if the speed only affects the hero so it wont be that imbalance, just for case
e- battlemode special level 6: equal to metamorphosis, the models changes is quite cool, if the stats are the same as the demon hunter i say nice
overall: this hero i really liked, i think the skills are ok but should be tested over and over to get the perfect balance

overall: only one hero got my atention as unique and was the Enchantress, the other has to much presets and should be tested more to get the rigth balance

so in the end i think this map is somthing amorph, i mean altered melee but with hero arena play, i sugest you to define what do you want to do and then work on that, heroes will be interesting in hero arena play or aos , but in altered melee i think they could be umbalanced with the presets units

well this is my review, i think this is a need fix work and shouldnt be approved in this state, is ok for a beta version

my sugestion is if you want to focus on heroes, do that or use a map for hero arena and forget the melee or altered, if you want altered, change the races and the heroes but thats is sugestion

still i have a lot of respect to your map even i think needs more definition category, test and work

good luck and see ya

Wow, your review is really made my day :ogre_love: #peace hahaha.. Thanks a lot for your review and I'll update this map ASAP. And thanks to mod, even you rejected my map, but finally i know what should i do next.