• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

InquisitorKnight.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
First.Skin.EVER.

Pretty much everything is freehand (i know i suck). Hair and cape are just recolored and face was left untouched.

I had a really good idea of a Holy Inquisitor Knight so i tried to create ir. Gotta admit it looked WAY better on my head :(

409764_10150635490069143_629724142_9310854_544879181_n.jpg

Keywords:
Knight, inquisitor, holy, church, sacred, hero
Contents

InquisitorKnight.blp (Texture)

Reviews
08:21, 22nd Mar 2012 M0rbid: While this is a very good concept and original idea, the execution is - unfortunately - lacking. No matter wether you redraw or recolour original content, the skins layout does not change at all and is therefor not...

M

08:21, 22nd Mar 2012
M0rbid: While this is a very good concept and original idea, the execution is - unfortunately - lacking. No matter wether you redraw or recolour original content, the skins layout does not change at all and is therefor not approveable. 67chrome's post should be considered your point of orientation as he summarizes on what you have to do to improve. For now this skin is rejected though.

Level 11
Yep i know, but well, i guess i may get better with some practice.

I exporte the Lord Garithos.blp file from WC3 viewer, and when opened in photoshop, what i did is enlarge it almost as twice as nomal size. Then with the original file as background, i starte to use it as refference to mark where to draw.. i guess it is kinda a bad technique since i will always get the same forms, but well, i had to get starte with something!

Thoose chain scales kind of things in red and white are a patter that i actually had draw before starting the skin. When i finished it, i just copied and pasted it all over the areas i though they would look cool (but i must admit i shouldn't have placed them in the helmet, i don't know, i am starting to hate it).

EDIT: Shitty keyboard plus bad english! I hope i explain myself in the previous comments

Level 21
Lord Garithos would've made a perfect member for the Scarlet Crusade and I'm personally glad he died in Warcraft III.
Oh and this skin is awesome, and are you gonna do anymore Scarlet Members at all?

Level 11
Lord Garithos would've made a perfect member for the Scarlet Crusade and I'm personally glad he died in Warcraft III.
Oh and this skin is awesome, and are you gonna do anymore Scarlet Members at all?

Well i almost finished some Priest like Inquisitor (although i don't really like the outcome so far). But keep in mind that the "Scarlet's Lore" is not what i meant to conceptualize. Read this!
Oh and i am glad you liked it!

Yep i know, but well, i guess i may get better with some practice.

I exporte the Lord Garithos.blp file from WC3 viewer, and when opened in photoshop, what i did is enlarge it almost as twice as nomal size. Then with the original file as background, i starte to use it as refference to mark where to draw.. i guess it is kinda a bad technique since i will always get the same forms, but well, i had to get starte with something!

Thoose chain scales kind of things in red and white are a patter that i actually had draw before starting the skin. When i finished it, i just copied and pasted it all over the areas i though they would look cool (but i must admit i shouldn't have placed them in the helmet, i don't know, i am starting to hate it).

EDIT: Shitty keyboard plus bad english! I hope i explain myself in the previous comments

yup it is understandable :)
well, i guess you should practice painting everything and not CnP-ing. :)

Level 38
I do not think "Freehand" means what you think it means. Only about ~20% of that is freehand if I'm being generous, the rest is recolored.

I'd recommend viewing the 2D art tutorials on this site (There are actually a lot of good ones) and lots of practice. You could check out the skin UVs link in my sig too, though you might need more practice before you can really put the UVs to use. If nothing else the 2D tutorials should point you to the tools that vastly improve the quality of life when making skins.

Last edited:
Level 2
Well i almost finished some Priest like Inquisitor (although i don't really like the outcome so far). But keep in mind that the "Scarlet's Lore" is not what i meant to conceptualize. Read this!
Oh and i am glad you liked it!

So it´s more like Templar,than Scarlet Crusader?

Level 11
I don not think "Freehand" means what you think it means. Only about ~20% of that is freehand if I'm being generous, the rest is recolored.

I'd recommend viewing the 2D art tutorials on this site (There are actually a lot of good ones) and lots of practice. You could check out the skin UVs link in my sig too, though you might need more practice before you can really put the UVs to use. If nothing else the 2D tutorials should point you to the tools that vastly improve the quality of life when making skins.

Thanks! i will do that and take my time to practice even more before i decide to upload another skin. But seriously, this is at least 60% freehand o_O i think you may be confused in quality issues, but keep in mind that white areas are pretty easy to shadow, as you only have to burn them; it is not like shadowing a solid color. Oh well, i shouldn't try to teach YOU anything, so, thanks for the links!