• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] 20% chance to summon a bear spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello fellow members of The Hive, I am trying to make a passive ability for my hero, which gives him a 20% chance to summon a bear on his auto-attacks. But for some reason Orb of Lightning won't work with the summon bear ability. What Am I to do?

Level 3
Maybe this would help

Im by any way an expert so this might not be the best way. But I got curious and made a system for that based on passive ability bash.

Is not based on an orb but might be helpfull for you.

Attachments

• PassiveSummon.w3x
    17.1 KB · Views: 43
Level 7
Okay thanks for the replies guys. I've used the ideas of Hersonrock and Mapas. So far this is what I've got:
  • Events Unit - A unit Is attacked
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Level of Summon Misha (Rexxar) for (Attacking unit)) Greater than 0
        • (Number of living Misha (Level 1) units owned by (Owner of (Attacking unit))) Less than or equal to 0
      • Then - Actions
        • Set TempInteger = (Random integer number between 1 and 100)
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • TempInteger Greater than or equal to 80
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Create 1 Misha (Level 1) for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at (Position of (Attacking unit)) facing (Position of (Attacked unit))
            • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack (Attacked unit)
          • Else - Actions
      • Else - Actions
This is working just the way I wanted it to, however for some reason Rexxar summons Misha on the first attack he lands every time. What is the problem causing this and is this trigger leaking?
Ps: I will of cause grant +Rep to all of you who helped me make this Ability once it's finished.

Level 5
> however for some reason...
Go to Terrain Editor > File > Preference > Test map > Uncheck: Fixed random seed.
Then again, don't worry, this fixed thing only happens during test map.
In a real game, it will be randomised naturally.

> is this trigger leaking?
Yeah.
Code:
 Set TempPoint1 = (Position of (Attacking unit))
 Set TempPoint2 = (Position of (Attacked unit))
 Unit - Create 1 Misha (Level 1) for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at TempPoint1 facing TempPoint2 
 Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack (Attacked unit)
 Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint1)
 Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint2)

This should fix it.
On a related note, you could perhaps transfer your conditions into the primary condition.

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Is attacked
  • Conditions
    • (Level of Summon Misha (Rexxar) for (Attacking unit)) Greater than 0
    • (Number of living Misha (Level 1) units owned by (Owner of (Attacking unit))) Less than or equal to 0
    • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Greater than or equal to 80
  • Actions
    • Set TempPoint1 = (Position of (Attacking unit))
    • Set TempPoint2 = (Position of (Attacked unit))
    • Unit - Create 1 Misha (Level 1) for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at TempPoint1 facing TempPoint2
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack (Attacked unit)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint1)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint2)

Level 17
Also keep in mind attacking unit is unreliable, it triggers the moment the enemy unit starts attacking so it will trigger even if you give a different order cancelling the attack.
You may also want to make a check for whether the target is an enemy of your unit, otherwise it will trigger even with manual attacks towards friendly and passive units.

Level 7
Thanks vypur85, I've tried doing it the way you suggested, however Script Errors occure for both Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint1) and Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint2) (I've made the TempPoint variable a Point Arry (2) )
What gives?

Talavaj I am aware that there always is a better way, but I don't got the trigger skills for most of them. However if you got any ideas, I'm listening. All I wanted was for my hero to have a chance on hit, to summon a bear. Limited to one at the time, but without a timed lifetime.

Level 5
Means you did something wrong.
Create 2 point variables with the exact same name as I posted.
Otherwise, if you create your own set of variables, make sure you create the custom script according to your own desired name.

call RemoveLocation (udg_YOURVARIABLENAME)

Also, it's always good for you to post your said trigger when you encounter problems.

Level 7
I wrote it just the way you told me to, this is what I get:

Attachments

• Problem.png
    Problem.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 72
Level 7
Ahh I see Thanks a ton. :) But if you diden't use Arrays, than how did you define TempPoint1 and 2? I am unable to pick any numbers, when it ain't an array.

Level 5
> I am unable to pick any numbers
Really? Impossible. You should be able to.
Then again, you cannot begin a variable name with a number though.
Other than that, it should be alright.
Not sure why yours can't though.

Level 7
Okay, well nvm. that. ;) Would I be able to use the arrays and temppoints for other spells or do they have to be exclisive to this ability in order to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.