• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Melee] (2)ZulDrak map feedback wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi,

trying my hand at a 1v1 melee map and mostly happy with the layout but wanted to get some input. My current concerns are:
- Path between main bases and southwest expansion are too open?
- Not enough creeps along the center and line of symmetry (mostly to the side)
I've attached an image with camp locations as well as one with pathing visible to make things clearer. The temple that makes up most of the north-eastern part of the map goes up in 3 tiers, with the goldmines on the 1st, merc camps and market on the second and healing well with 2 more green camps on the 3rd. I wanted to focus on a map with areas with high ground but worry that claiming the 1st tier of the pyramid and guarding the ramp closest to your enemies expansion will provide too much map control. I've tried to counter this a bit with the southwest expansion and goblin merch/observatory on ground level.
Thoughts and feedback appreciated :)

ZulDrakA.png ZulDrakB.png

Level 29
Hi,

trying my hand at a 1v1 melee map and mostly happy with the layout but wanted to get some input. My current concerns are:
- Path between main bases and southwest expansion are too open?
- Not enough creeps along the center and line of symmetry (mostly to the side)
I've attached an image with camp locations as well as one with pathing visible to make things clearer. The temple that makes up most of the north-eastern part of the map goes up in 3 tiers, with the goldmines on the 1st, merc camps and market on the second and healing well with 2 more green camps on the 3rd. I wanted to focus on a map with areas with high ground but worry that claiming the 1st tier of the pyramid and guarding the ramp closest to your enemies expansion will provide too much map control. I've tried to counter this a bit with the southwest expansion and goblin merch/observatory on ground level.
Thoughts and feedback appreciated :)

Since it is a temple, I think the paths are fine.

Having the option to be at the 3rd tier level provides quite a big advantage, which could be quite unfair. This map nearly seems suited for a defense map

Status
Not open for further replies.