• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(2)Winter Pole v1.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
(2)Winter Pole
Suggest Players: 1v1
Inspiration by map: 'TheTwoRiver'
Terrain:
Lordaero Winter

creep: 5 9 9
creep theme camp type:
Dark Magic,
Naga,
Troll/Orges/Gnoll,
Golem,
Dragon.

Units:
3 goblin shipyard,
1 Mercenary Camp,
5 Goldmines,
1 Tavern.

Story: The cold of north coming cover us, surround by the snow. And when I look through I said "Oh its you!"
Strategy Thought: Early game down route will be very important and connected to how tavern will work out. Rate game after the first gold mins are out. The game will be come more interesting cause the important will be set to the middle of the map or the gold mines location you have to run round the map to attack the enemy otherwise sea units will be worth of using. And the last part who ever conquer mid goldmines will be the final fight!

1.1 Update
Item Drop level change
Decrease the brutal of guard the tavern
More Green Creep
Expand the road
Fixed red side(Neutral Building/Creep/path)
Terrain color
Some tree position
Last Patch Using
Remove all change custom units
Some trees positions
Merc Position
More Doodad
Animals
Contents

(2)Winter Pole V1.1 (Map)

Reviews
Knecht
I'm unsure whether it should be considered melee or altered melee but I'd say most of the stuff wouldn't work either way. Basically what @mafe wrote on Sunken Sandria: - item drops don't have levels, are too random, mask of death drops from a neutral...
mafe
A 1v1 map. It looks good, but it still has many problems: I agree with all of this. There are changes to units. This means you must set the game data to "melee (latest patch)" instead of "Default (based on melee map status)": If not, the map will...
Level 22
I'm unsure whether it should be considered melee or altered melee but I'd say most of the stuff wouldn't work either way.

Basically what @mafe wrote on Sunken Sandria:
- item drops don't have levels, are too random, mask of death drops from a neutral building
- guarded tavern? and it's a lvl 30 camp?
- the creep levels are overall too brutal in terms of levels
- paths are narrow and long
- imbalanced distances to points of interest (red has easier access to shipyard and to the middle island)
- terrain too monotone
- holes in trees

I'm all for making melee maps that wouldn't be 100% symmetrical and yet were balanced, however this map isn't the case. I'd suggest looking at some melee mapping tutorials on hive.

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
A 1v1 map. It looks good, but it still has many problems:
I'm unsure whether it should be considered melee or altered melee but I'd say most of the stuff wouldn't work either way.

Basically what @mafe wrote on Sunken Sandria:
- item drops don't have levels, are too random, mask of death drops from a neutral building
- guarded tavern? and it's a lvl 30 camp?
- the creep levels are overall too brutal in terms of levels
- paths are narrow and long
- imbalanced distances to points of interest (red has easier access to shipyard and to the middle island)
- terrain too monotone
- holes in trees

I'm all for making melee maps that wouldn't be 100% symmetrical and yet were balanced, however this map isn't the case. I'd suggest looking at some melee mapping tutorials on hive.
I agree with all of this.
There are changes to units. This means you must set the game data to "melee (latest patch)" instead of "Default (based on melee map status)":
game data.png
If not, the map will use patch 1.07 balance.
Changes to unit data all makes the map not really a melee map anymore.
If you want the map to be melee, please change the game data and remove the changes to the units.
Please also fix some of the issue which @Knecht has mentioned.

I like the map in principle. But it requires a lot of changes. Therefore set to Awaiting Update.

Level 26
A 1v1 map. It looks good, but it still has many problems:

I agree with all of this.
There are changes to units. This means you must set the game data to "melee (latest patch)" instead of "Default (based on melee map status)":
View attachment 346451
If not, the map will use patch 1.07 balance.
Changes to unit data all makes the map not really a melee map anymore.
If you want the map to be melee, please change the game data and remove the changes to the units.
Please also fix some of the issue which @Knecht has mentioned.

I like the map in principle. But it requires a lot of changes. Therefore set to Awaiting Update.
Ty though I will try to fixed it... (the change of the red shipyard will be a pretty hard spot to decide) Anyway, I'm interest in 7FFA Players map and still find people to discuss or help me in something I dunno cause I kinda new to be a design. Is there any page or discord you know?

Level 29
Year 2020

People still can't post an overview screenshot.

he is a very newbye melee mapper that is learning:

1) he is submiting maps and learning melee basics knoledge mainly from mafe.
2) none of his maps have been approved yet
3) many (including this) of the maps needs to do some fixing, so first needs to improve the maps and then when the map is finished take the overview screenshot.

just saying...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
About the issues mentioned by Knecht earlier:
-Itemdrops are better now, but the "purchasable" item drop is still not working and a bad idea.
-Tavern still guarded, even though the creeps are much weaker now.
-Creeps in general are better now.
-Paths are still narrow.
-Positional imbalance with respect to the players still exist.
-Terrain can still be improved a lot in many places, for example at the central island.
-Gaps between trees are still there.

So while there are a few improvements, they are not enough yet. Especially if still insist on the unit data changes. Back to Awaiting Update.