• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2 quick questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
1. If i have a variable to be set every time i select a unit, will it cause a crash when i select multiple units, or when i select another unit
2. If the scripts action section has "hero" in front of the action, but the action is to be performed by a regular unit will it cause a crash?
For question 2 the specific action im referring to is
"Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from (Triggering unit)"
Thanks in advance, Im still learning

Level 37
1. Each time a unit is selected, it will store the selected unit into that variable. When you select multiple units, the "unit is selected" event triggers for every unit, for one after the other. There is still some order in which the units are selected. Each of the units get set into the variable, each overwriting the previous value of the variable.

Level 2
Thanks Maker, and Mr Bean
@ Maker, that was the original intent, i just didnt know if it would crash or not, also how would i create a table to be displayed in the upper right hand corner that lists variable values ingame, im working on a map where i want to have more resources than just the 2 basic ones for construction and having those values displayed onscreen would definitely make things easier on the player

Status
Not open for further replies.