• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] 2 quick questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
1. In functions, can arrays be used as parameters or returned? both function func takes integer array arr returns nothing and function func2 takes nothing returns integer array give me the error
Code:
Expected: "returns"
I know one solution to this is to put the array in a wrapper struct, and pass the struct, but i just want to make sure there is no other way to do it.

2. Structs can contain arrays with the limitation that the arrays have a certain size (i.e. 20 elements). This limits the number of instances the struct can have from 8190 to 8190/array size (i.e. 409 instances). This is due to the fact that each "array" in a struct instance is just a section of a 8190 element array used by the entire struct.
JASS:
struct stuff //max instance count of 409
    integer array crap{20} //mentally replace {} with []
endstruct
vJass allows you to make sized arrays greater than 8190 elements (through the use of extra arrays). Is there a way to use this feature to increase the max instance count of a struct containing an array?

Status
Not open for further replies.