• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2 Nooby questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Eeeerm, I have 2 questions if it's possible :grin:

First one: How can I change a single target spell (ex: death coil) into more target spell.So you just click it, and it deals damage to neaby enemies.

Second one: I am pretty new on this, so I've heard alot of triggerd spells.What these can do?(I know this one is pretty idiot, but I'd like to learn more :cute: )

Thanks alot :).

Level 4
1) Listen to Day-Elven.

2) Go read the tutorials. But the short of it is: anything you can think of. Yes, including making Death Coil hit multiple units (a "simple" way of doing this is taking the Fan of Knives ability from the Night Elf Warden, and changing the Missile Art to the Death Coil skull, and then using it will send a death coil missile to everyone. Dunno if that's what you really want though)

Yes.. Elven is right.. if you're going to make an effect like that.. make a new custom ability and choose a move like war stomp or something.. then change the effects and damage..

Also if you want to know what triggering spells can do.. just go to the spells section of hiveworkshop and look around.. every spell there is triggered.. (Some are JASS also)

Anyways.. i was rather noobish map creator not too long ago.. i just barely started making custom abilities and now im doing pretty decent.. (if you ask me) so don't give up on making maps it can be great fun later =D

Level 8
Tigershark's idea is good.

Triggers are to create complex functions. The more complex your imagination, the more hair you must pull out before you can work out how to trigger it.

If you mean something like DoTA's necromance's death pulse. I think they do it with dummy units.
A dummy unit is a unit with no model, no minimap showing, no attack, no collision, and you give them spells to cast.
I believe with things like Death pulse, he uses a dummy spell (a spell that makes effects, or doesnt, but doesnt actually do anything) that causes triggers to go off.
The triggers would make a dummy unit for every unit withing x of caster and give all the dummy units a version of death coil (for death pulse there is a healing one and a hurting one) and tells them to use the spell on the unit they were created for.
  • Death Pulse like spell
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Animate Dead
    • Actions
      • Set xCaster = (Casting Unit)
      • Set xCaLoc = (GetUnitLoc(xCaster)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of (XCaLoc) matching (((Owner of (Picked unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (xCaster)) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 DPdummy for (Owner of (xCaster)) at (XCaLoc) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Death Coil (hurting) to (Last created unit)
          • Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to xDummies
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Death Knight - Death Coil (Picked Unit)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of (Center of (Playable map area)) matching (((Owner of (Picked unit)) is an enemy of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to False)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 DPdummy for (Owner of (xCaster)) at (XCaLoc) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Death Coil (healing) to (Last created unit)
          • Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to xDummies
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Death Knight - Death Coil (Picked Unit)
      • Wait for (0.50) game-seconds
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in xDummies
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Remove (Picked Unit) from game
Something like that, I didn't finish it, I gtg. GL!

Status
Not open for further replies.