• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

>>>>> 2 Backdoors found in WE Unlimited!!! &l

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have downloaded the WE Unlimited from
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Tools&ID=17
Then I unzip it and click on "WeInstall" then I show the map where I want files to be installed and when the installing finished, guess what...my anti-virus detected 2 Back-Doors!!! :shock:

Then I try again and guess what?...same thing again!!! :?

WTF is this :?: :!: :evil:

Ehm, are you quite sure? My anti-virus clearly said it was a Backdoor few times in a row. Virus and Backdoor are different things you know?

They were both called:
Backdoor.Win32.Rbot.amm

I really doubt Anti-Virus can mistaken on this.
I suggest you try and Install it on your computer with a desent up to date Anto-Virus running, lest see what happens.

The files that contain backdoors are "WE UNLIMITED.EXE" and "WEU GAME PATCH". Every time I scan these 2 with my F-Secure it sais that they contain Backdoors (Why don't you try to do the same?)

The maker of this MIGHT later Updated it and in his update he included these Backdoors.
:roll:

Level 45
the maker of this is no longer here, and he is a trusted man.
look, the files arnt called that directly, the v scanenr scans the properties and if they have any similair data properties to a virus's then the scanner reads what the properties are most close to and they give it a name from the archive in which the scanner THINKS* it is.
er..i dont think i said it right but im saying the file isnt called that, its just got similair script lines or somethin that that virus/backdoor has, doesnt mean its the backdoor.
EXE. files r full of scripts and and blah blah...
about 3+ tools r here have reported backdoors just like what u said but in truth the scanner is foolin itself.

Level 25
Look, if it had these backdoors, then how come no one else mentioned anything about it?

My anti virus has detected "viruses" on files which I know for sure aren't viruses. Hell, it seems to think one of my internet favourites is a virus

Also, that one won't work on your computer. Its too outdated. Patch 1.8 or 1.9 broke it

Level 9
Mecheon said:
My anti virus has detected "viruses" on files which I know for sure aren't viruses. Hell, it seems to think one of my internet favourites is a virus

You need a new anti-virus

and he is a trusted man
How do you know?

but in truth the scanner is foolin itself
How do you know it is not a real backdoor?

how come no one else mentioned anything about it
He might updated it with virus just before he left.

My anti virus has detected "viruses" on files which I know for sure aren't viruses
How do you know these files aren't viruses?

Level 13
Files uploaded here are checked with several up-to-date av-progs. And, to make you happy, I did check the file with Antivir and Norton, both reporting no virus or whatever. And as Blade.dk2 said, PitzerMike is still active. Just get the newest version, the one on this site won't work with up-to-date WC3 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.