1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

>>>>> 2 Backdoors found in WE Unlimited!!! &l

Discussion in 'Warcraft Editing Tools' started by VIRUS_OF_MADNESS, Jan 5, 2006.

1. VIRUS_OF_MADNESS

VIRUS_OF_MADNESS

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I have downloaded the WE Unlimited from
    http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Tools&ID=17
    Then I unzip it and click on "WeInstall" then I show the map where I want files to be installed and when the installing finished, guess what...my anti-virus detected 2 Back-Doors!!! :shock:

Then I try again and guess what?...same thing again!!! :?

WTF is this :?: :!: :evil:

2. oz02

oz02

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There are no viruses on any files on this site. Your antivirus must think that it has av irus because of the way it is written. Just ignore it and you should have no problem.

3. VIRUS_OF_MADNESS

VIRUS_OF_MADNESS

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Ehm, are you quite sure? My anti-virus clearly said it was a Backdoor few times in a row. Virus and Backdoor are different things you know?

They were both called:
    Backdoor.Win32.Rbot.amm

I really doubt Anti-Virus can mistaken on this.
    I suggest you try and Install it on your computer with a desent up to date Anto-Virus running, lest see what happens.

The files that contain backdoors are "WE UNLIMITED.EXE" and "WEU GAME PATCH". Every time I scan these 2 with my F-Secure it sais that they contain Backdoors (Why don't you try to do the same?)

The maker of this MIGHT later Updated it and in his update he included these Backdoors.
    :roll:

4. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    the maker of this is no longer here, and he is a trusted man.
    look, the files arnt called that directly, the v scanenr scans the properties and if they have any similair data properties to a virus's then the scanner reads what the properties are most close to and they give it a name from the archive in which the scanner THINKS* it is.
    er..i dont think i said it right but im saying the file isnt called that, its just got similair script lines or somethin that that virus/backdoor has, doesnt mean its the backdoor.
    EXE. files r full of scripts and and blah blah...
    about 3+ tools r here have reported backdoors just like what u said but in truth the scanner is foolin itself.

5. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Look, if it had these backdoors, then how come no one else mentioned anything about it?

My anti virus has detected "viruses" on files which I know for sure aren't viruses. Hell, it seems to think one of my internet favourites is a virus

Also, that one won't work on your computer. Its too outdated. Patch 1.8 or 1.9 broke it

6. Capcy

Capcy

Resources:
    Resources:
    You need a new anti-virus

7. VIRUS_OF_MADNESS

VIRUS_OF_MADNESS

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    How do you know?

How do you know it is not a real backdoor?

He might updated it with virus just before he left.

How do you know these files aren't viruses?

8. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    how do you know that it is a virus?

9. VIRUS_OF_MADNESS

VIRUS_OF_MADNESS

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Ehm...let me see...because desent up to date Anti-Virus sais so? :p

(Good point there though :wink: )

10. Blade.dk2

Blade.dk2

Resources:
    Resources:
  11. DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    Files uploaded here are checked with several up-to-date av-progs. And, to make you happy, I did check the file with Antivir and Norton, both reporting no virus or whatever. And as Blade.dk2 said, PitzerMike is still active. Just get the newest version, the one on this site won't work with up-to-date WC3 anyway.

12. VIRUS_OF_MADNESS

VIRUS_OF_MADNESS

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yeah, there are no problems with the niewest version, no backdoors, viruses or anything like that :p