[Spell] 2 Abilities that don't work properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I need these 2 spells fixed, I made the genjutsu strike myself, the thing is about that one is that your enemy target that you targeted with that ability is still paused, and for the shuriken one, I want it so it does 0.50x strength, agility, and intel Aoe damage to all enemies caught into it, and for some reason it bugs up, (I think I may of have deleted something that makes it bug up.)

Please and thank you :thumbs_up:

Attachments

• Genjutsu Strike and Shuriken.w3x
    25.2 KB · Views: 30
You are using waits and you still call Target unit of ability being cast. Save the dummy, the caster and the target to three variables to refer to them.
Since you are using the waits one after another, add the dummy to a unit group and every 0.50 seconds make the actions.
Use Triggering player instead of Owner of Triggering unit.
Finally, you leak a lot :p

For the Shuriken, you don't initialize the hashtable. Use
  • Trigger
  • Events
    • Map Initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Hashtable - Create a hashtable
    • Set Hashtable = (Last created hashtable)

Level 1
Thank you so much!! Genjutsu Strike looks so much better, and doesn't pause the enemy anymore =D and it seems the shuriken is doing great aswell.. thank you for spending time fixing these 2 spells =)

Edit: I'm not sure why but when I CnPed the 2 spells onto my map, and after I used the genjutsu strike my hero became paused and couldn't get out of it.

Edit2: I think I might know the problem, i've another hashtable that is = to last created hashtable, so that might bug other hashtables up? If so, i'm not sure how to fix this.

What do you mean change what spell you use as the base?

Last edited:
Level 7
Thank you so much!! Genjutsu Strike looks so much better, and doesn't pause the enemy anymore =D and it seems the shuriken is doing great aswell.. thank you for spending time fixing these 2 spells =)

Edit: I'm not sure why but when I CnPed the 2 spells onto my map, and after I used the genjutsu strike my hero became paused and couldn't get out of it.

What do you mean change what spell you use as the base?
i meant that for the shurikan one because i created a dummy and used that for your spell so you change it from shockwave to a different spell.

for genjutsu strike edit the spell, set follow through time = 0 and set disable other abilities = false.

Level 1
Okay, genjutsu strike is working now, would I just put If condition, then If level of ability equal to 1, then the following, and then if equal to level 2, then the following but upgraded damage? Because genjutsu strike should be able to upgrade through damage from levels. Levels 1-15.

Yeah i'm trying to make it so each level up for genjutsu strike can increase the damage done by it.

Level 1
The set damage isn't working, and the link you linked me doesn't seem to work either.

I made the set damage and inputted it into the action under Set Caster2 = (Triggering unit)

Edit: This is what I did

Set Genjutsu_Damage = (15 x (Integer((Real((Level of Genjutsu Strike for (Triggering unit)))))))

Level 1
I wasn't sure which variable my damage should have been in, and I remembered the Integer((Real((Level of Genjutsu Strike for (Triggering unit))))))) was in the integer variable so I set it as integer

This is what I have so far:

• Set Genjutsu_Damage = (15.00 x (Real((Level of Genjutsu Strike for (Triggering unit)))))
Don't know why it won't let me change the 15.00 to 15.

I don't get what your trying to say And then you need one more integer->real conversion when you apply the damage.

These 2 spells will work for multiple heroes without bug or glitches? And even used at the same time?

Level 1
Okay.. this is what I did

Attachments

• Gen1 JPEG.JPG
    Gen1 JPEG.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Gen2 JPEG.JPG
    Gen2 JPEG.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 72
  • Gen3 JPEG.JPG
    Gen3 JPEG.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 101
Level 7
no you need to set the damage in the cast trigger and you need to add this custom script at the start
  • Custom script: local real udg_(the name of the var)
with what you are doing you are setting the damage = 0 because there is no triggering unit for the event map init
you need to put the damage var into the cast.
because level of ability for null(no unit) = 0 where as if if the unit can cast the ability level of ability for(casting unit) > 0 unless said unit is using an item.

I don't see the reason to localize a global variable. Each instance will replace its previous. If he needs to transfer the value into another trigger, that's another issue, he will be needing a hashtable, but still, even if he saves the damage, there is no reason to repeatedly create a local variable, when he could be recycling his global one.

Level 1
Do you think you could just do all of that? By the time I try and do what you say, it might take me 2-3 days of trying and asking more questions of how to do something.. i'm mostly good only with GUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.