• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2° Job Skills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Now with this new skill system will be new skills?
i mean there is 5 skills for each second job class so every player will have the same build... so will come more skills? or maybe just put them in another order of level up so...

or there is a harder way: when you choose between 2 skills in the next level you have 3 options of skills (the first you didnot choose and the 2 new ones) in the next level you will have more 2 options a total of 4 (the 2 new and the 2 old) and there it goes... this way you can build whatever you want

example you choose between servant of nature and servant of skies... you choose servant of skies... in the next level you have servant of nature, flaming arrow and snare... you pick up flaming arrow...
in the next level you have servant of nature, snare, claw strike and barbed arrow... and there it goes until the end... i like this other way because you can make whatever build you want... and many different combos... so you dont need to reset stats all the time for a different build...
for example i prefer flaming arrow in the place of life infusion or barbed arrow in the place of nymph...

Level 7
This wouldn't work, it'd be exactly like the old system lol. Hotkeys wouldn't work properly, and everyone is just going to go for max DPS again. Its really hard to balance support skills against DPS skills, clearly most players have developed a habit of trying to maximize their DPS counter without really caring about support skills.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
What Box said; exactly.

Also, allowing players to get access to a dropped choice basicly undermines the reason of having that choice in the first place.

But yes, there will be more abilities to pick from for advanced classes. It just takes a lot of time to make these, so they will come one by one throughout the next updates.

Here's a little math for you:

12 advanced classes * 5 advanced tiers = 60 abilities.
Depending on the complexity of the ability, I can do 1-2 abilities per day. I don't work on weekends. Fixing ability bugs and finetuning usually takes another day per ability.

So these 60 abilities will easily take 2+ months to make in total, in which I can not work on anything else.

Having 2 choices for each tier is definitely a goal, don't get me wrong; but for now, I really want to focus on adding 1.2C and 1.2D content and progress the story towards it's conclusion.

Level 10
What Box said; exactly.

Also, allowing players to get access to a dropped choice basicly undermines the reason of having that choice in the first place.

But yes, there will be more abilities to pick from for advanced classes. It just takes a lot of time to make these, so they will come one by one throughout the next updates.

Here's a little math for you:

12 advanced classes * 5 advanced tiers = 60 abilities.
Depending on the complexity of the ability, I can do 1-2 abilities per day. I don't work on weekends. Fixing ability bugs and finetuning usually takes another day per ability.

So these 60 abilities will easily take 2+ months to make in total, in which I can not work on anything else.

Having 2 choices for each tier is definitely a goal, don't get me wrong; but for now, I really want to focus on adding 1.2C and 1.2D content and progress the story towards it's conclusion.

yes sure... but maybe for now we can just take the 5 skills and more 1 or 2 for example so its 12 or 24 abilities in total so it will be less then a month
the last 3 we wait for the next update so you can reorganize the skills
for example

1)backhand or lightning blade
2)demoralizating shout or boiling blood
3)heaven's edge or new skill 1
4)berserk rage or new skill 2
5)(new tier for next update)

and to make for example demoralizating shout more cool maybe an effect like If used with a shield descrease the damage reduction by 10% and create a high amount of threat!

so you have backhand (shield) lightning blade (2 hand)
demoralizating (tank) boiling blood (dps)

with that you have 2 options
tank zerker and dps zerker

anyway i get about the time and other stuff and i wait that 1.2c and 1.2d come soon! ^^

Level 3
You dont exactly have to make 60 abilities in total. For example, summons for necros are mandatory so that already takes up 2 skills you dont have to do. Same with zerk on rage, bloodlust and demo shout. Similarly, i also hope that ga will be a standalone skill on crusaders even if you decide to make str crusaders a thing

Level 9
You dont exactly have to make 60 abilities in total. For example, summons for necros are mandatory so that already takes up 2 skills you dont have to do. Same with zerk on rage, bloodlust and demo shout. Similarly, i also hope that ga will be a standalone skill on crusaders even if you decide to make str crusaders a thing

Actually hard choices are the main point of choice system. If you don't feel pain after picking a spell Zwieb has done something wrong or you are underestimating other spell. ^^ And alternatives to summons, GA and other "mandatory" spells are also ones of most interesting parts in future updates.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
There will definitely be alternatives for all spells, no matter how mandatory they seem to appear now.

It's funny you picked Necromancer summons and GA, because those are imho rather easy to come up with alternatives.

Psionic Blade is a much larger problem, but then again nobody prevents me from doing something similar like I did with the Servant on Ranger: Create an alternative that shares many properties, but still works different.

Status
Not open for further replies.