• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

House of the Dead

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Slayer14
House of the Dead
193770-albums4562-picture44677.jpg
You are a USMC Marine sent in to neutralize the threat within the building. You have sixty (60) minutes before the virus escapes. Defeat the Unholy Summoner and stop the apocalypse.
The USMC is getting testy at Muug'Lathal. He has finally begun the apocalypse. Muug'Lathal is not working alone, however. He has the aid of both Xarz and Zrax, masters of commanding. Break through the zombie defenses as a squad and neutralize the threat.
I would like to thank Ampharos_222 for creating the Marrowmancer model. I also want to thank ap0calypse for the constructive criticism, although I didn't follow it at first.

Sorry, but the pictures are a bit blurry. I used my phone to take photos.

The entire map
193770-albums4562-picture44672.jpg

A small group of your enemies
193770-albums4562-picture44673.jpg

Final Boss's Location
193770-albums4562-picture44674.jpg

The Soldiers
193770-albums4562-picture44675.jpg

Red is the Captain. High intellegence, but lower agility and strength.
Blue and Teal are both flamethrowers.
Purple and Yellow are medics. You need atleast one of these people if you want to survive.
Orange, Green, and Pink are just plain machien gunners. You need one of these if you have a friend that likes those colors.
Grey is Project Xavier. He is a military subject that is good in all stats.

The best character is up to your gameplay!

IMPORTANT
I removed zombie spawners and made 20 zombies spawn randomly every 5 seconds.

Keywords:
Zombies, House of the Dead, Dead, House, Undead, USMC
Contents

House of the Dead (Map)

Reviews
14:10, 8th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Rejected No events or anything whatsoever, just some units placed on the map and you just have to kill units. The zombies don't move around either and there are barely any triggers whatsoever, like...

M

14:10, 8th Sep 2011
Vengeancekael: Status: Rejected

No events or anything whatsoever, just some units placed on the map and you just have to kill units.
The zombies don't move around either and there are barely any triggers whatsoever, like gameplay systems, ...
The terrain is also bad, you've placed random doodads, hundreds of bombs across a wall and magical runes all of over the map for no reason.

Also a preview image?
To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'.

Contact Me

Level 10
I tried, but my comp can't find 'em. Plus, when I tried that before, it wouldn't appear on a page.

Hmm, what exactly do you mean, your computer can't find them? You don't know where the screenshots end up after you take them, or something else? When you take a screenshot in Wc3, they end up in the screenshots foler in your Wc3 directory.

Anyway, this map looks like it might interest me. :wink: I'll give it a try, after I take a nap.

Level 10
OK, I tested it by myself and here's what I think:

Good things about your map:
  • It's can be fun killing hordes of zombies sometimes. :xxd:
  • Sometimes the zombies seem to just come around the corner, adding the element of fear to the map.

Bad things about your map:
  • Some of the hotkeys don't work, at all. (Marine Drop)
  • When the Captain shoots, you can see the rifleman's impact effect on his gun, instead of at the target.
  • Nothing in the quest log, thus players may be unsure of what to do at the start of the game. You should put information about the game, in-game about what to do and how to play.
  • Zombies are way too weak.
  • What's the deal with those Zombie Summoners that don't summon any zombies?

Overall:

Well, I'm always using hotkeys on about every map and in every game and I'm sure others do to, so that's something you need to fix. I do find some zombie maps entertaining though (until you die due to all of the zombies that eventually swarm the screen). Overall, I give it a 2.5/5 (3/5) and a +rep.​