• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blacklight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Blacklight.png

As the fires of the black shrine cease to dance, so shall death, and in its very essence, life...
Alazir, the Fallen Angel

In the northern continents, far beyond the eyes of the lesser races, is R'shael, the Lost Kingdom. The Lost Kingdom is a bastion for those recently deceased souls who are yet to be purged or ascend into paradise. Presiding over this ethereal den is Gadrek, the Divine God of Spirits, and his servants - the Order of the Fallen. However, there is one tool that keeps the bridge from the Realm of Death and the Realm of Life from separation, and hence keeps the Divine God on this realm. That tool is the Blacklight, a flickering storm of black flame that rests upon a vigil hidden from the sight of those who reside within the walls of the Lost Kingdom. Yet, the vigil has been destroyed, and Blacklight slowly fades from existence.

If the Divine God cannot adjudicate those within his sanctuary, the lost souls will wander from the kingdom and do harm to those who killed them, and even more so, possess the bodies of the living. Such possessions will kill the soul of the possessed body, and over time, the body will decay and the soul will jump into another body, repeating the process, until life is nonexistent.

The Order of the Fallen has captured some of these renegade souls and infused them into bodies enchanted by the essence of the Divine God. These souls have no recollection of their lives, or their afterlives, and until they complete their mission, they are bound to the Realm of Life.

Overview
Blacklight players will be able to become one of two characters:
  • one of the few souls infused into immortal bodies
  • a lesser being accompanying the party
Don't be discouraged by the term 'lesser being'. You all start out the same - novices of whatever profession you choose and your abilities unfold as you advance through the world, fight battles and whatnot. This roleplay will use a dice to narrate how you do in terms of battle, magic, negotiations, etc. Of course, whatever the dice rolls is not influenced by myself (the DM). It is random.

Blacklight see's the creation of three professions that players may choose, and further expand upon into three additional specializations (which, are in themselves, professions). These professions will be elaborated on in the box below.
Professions
The professions in Blacklight reflect on your main attribute, your abilities, etc. There are three main professions, which then branch out into three specializations. Once you choose your 'expansion', you essentially ascend and gain advancements of your current abilities as well as new ones.

Warrior
Guardian
Berserker
Assassin

Rogue
Duelist
Ranger
Shade

Magus
Elementalist
Wizard
Occultist
UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Last edited:
Level 23
Whoa, sounds great! I like the style ^^

What races can the "lesser beings" be? Will the RP have Outer Gods? How will the lands look? What are the creatures that roam that realm? Is the Purgatory here and will it have a role?

And I'd like to be a lesser being ^^

Level 23
Not like I expected it soon =P

But I doubt I'll join it, I kinda prefer RPs where you can create and lead, where you can get forces and conquer lands... where you are not a mere mortal, but something greater. A force.

Level 17
Updated with a little info on professions to tease your taste buds. Figuratively, of course. They are not complete, but these are essentially the structure of classes in Blacklight. I will add descriptions and innate abilities tomorrow.

Level 23
GreyNightmare, an RP called Daily Peon where we control forces in Azeroth and other worlds succesfully exists for over a year... however it is not a text RP, but a terrain pic RP. We have over a thousand pictures and we are the social group with the most posts(even though we arent a text RP!) and pictures.

Level 23
Ha! Hahaha! xD
*Dragonson is consumed into the endless void from beyond the mortal plane, where the Outer Gods and their atrocious creations dwell*

You said it wrong! Its Fhtagn! You cultists are so silly, so easily getting into the hands of Cthulhu. Everybody knows if you say it like that you get devoured by Cthulhu! Yet strangely all keep saying it the way Dragonson said it. Figures.

Level 27
Eh, that might be slightly misguidging peper. :p
I dont know about Wolfe's RP, but after my recent RP's there's been a spread of actual rules and gameplay elements in these things.
You might also wanna check out the Unwritten RP Rules, gunslinger.
They're stickied at the top of the forum so it shouldnt be hard to find.

Level 6
You know, it's better to use a formula. It makes it nicer. Nobody(or retards) want to play a dice-roll RPG.

Jordon,not to make you look like a dumbass or anything,but there are actually a fair few popular dice roll RP things. Dice rolls add an unpredictable element to any RP, so usually it can make them better.

Level 27
OFF-TOPIC:
Rafia isnt running right now.
It went down as i got annoyed with some wrong moves i made, and due to the wrong moves i made.
But if you check my sig you can see that i am working on an extensive charecter system, so when i'm back it'l be glorious. But it will take time...

ON-TOPIC:
I know wolfe is pretty busy atm people, so lacking progress on this is to be expected.
Wolfe will kick back eventually though. I know him well enough to realise that. ;)

Level 17
To be perfectly honest this has been in the back of my mind. However it will be revived as I return from my nonna's.

Status
Not open for further replies.