Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

1.32 reforged tools?

Discussion in 'Warcraft Editing Tools' started by codepeon, Sep 18, 2020.

1. codepeon

codepeon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey I was wondering what tools (or atleast what options are viable) people use for mapmaking in the latest reforged patch?

Wurst?
    Lua?
    Typescript?
    Which custom editor?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  2. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    All of the options you listed for scripting are viable. You can use any language that has a transpiler for Lua such as TypeScript, C#, Python, etc..

Although in my opinion you should be using a language with strong typing which Lua does not have. This makes maintaining larger codebases much easier. I personally enjoy using TypeScript. It's a fully fledged language with modern features (opposed to something like JASS) and has great support in editors like VSCode. You can find a template to get started here.

As far as custom editors go, none of them support the latest patches so you will have to have a legacy install somewhere. Furthermore WEX is the only one that supports 24 players with patch 1.29, although it requires an unofficial patch. Most people are using the standard editor on the latest patches, despite how buggy it can be.

3. Chaosy

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wurst would be my first choice and typescript my second.

VScode as my (text) editor for both.

4. a67793581

a67793581

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lua would be my first choice and typescript my second. VScode as my (text) editor for both.