• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

--► Eternal Winter - Advanced Melee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Eternal Winter - Advanced Melee

Game Version

0.05 Open Beta

Are you tired of the normal melees? Did you always wish to have more possibilities?
For all of you I present the 6v6 player map Eternal Winter - Advanced Melee. This map has the usual melee gameplay. But it adds things like custom modes, custom heroes (available with a mode) and more. For a list of modes see below.

• [-normal] - Normal melee gameplay
  • [-ctf] - Enables Capture the Flag mode - capture the flag that is located in the middle of the map and defend it as good as you can! The team which has got a flag gets bonuses.
  • [-cq] - Enables conqueror mode. Capture the strategic points in the east, the west and the middle of the map. The different circles provide different bonuses. The western circle provides 100 gold per minute. The eastern provides 100 wood per minute. The central circle provides special abilities for the team.

• [-ch] - Enables custom heroes. These can be found in the tavern near the normal tavern.
  • [-wtf] - Enables infinite gold and wood for every player. Construction of Buildings is finished instant. Spells have no cooldown and manacost.

If you have suggestions or other things you want to tell me you can contact me via pm or in this thread.
Feel free to use content of this map for your own map, but please give credits.
Enjoy the open Beta and give me feedback and suggestions (modes, heroes, bonuses - whatever you want to critizise or suggest)

Greetings
~DarkCitadel

Attachments

• EWAdvancedMelee_v0.05_OB.w3x
    432.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Level 2
I'm going to release the map for public testing soon. I just need to add some bonuses for the team that holds the flag in CTF mode. There are currently only boring ressources >.<. Due to reasons in real life I didn't work on the map in the last week. Sorry for that.

@Khaled
Its not just adding custom units to the game. And its not a map with an insane filesize because of imported content. Don't judge its a bad map if you didn't play it and don't even know if there are custom models and so on.

Level 9
He didnt say the map was bad.He said he has no proof that the map is 'advanced'.You need to explain features that make the map 'advanced'.

Level 10
@Khaled
Its not just adding custom units to the game. And its not a map with an insane filesize because of imported content. Don't judge its a bad map if you didn't play it and don't even know if there are custom models and so on.
I agree with NightBlade, I was saying that custom models DON'T and WILL NEVER make a map advanced not that the map is bad
Please read the comment before you reply

Level 2
I agree with NightBlade, I was saying that custom models DON'T and WILL NEVER make a map advanced not that the map is bad
Please read the comment before you reply

Okay, im sorry then for misunderstanding your post.

@MrStormyZ - originally I planned this for much players. But if u wish, I can apply it on a 1v1 map.

Its advanced due to several additional possibilities that I add to the normal melee gameplay.
Via special modes like a capture the flag mode, a mode where u have to conquer different points to gain bonuses or (if you look at the optional modes) some fun things like custom heroes or the -wtf mode. This is what makes it advanced at the moment.

If you have some ideas for modes or other content, you can tell me via pm or in this thread.

Level 9
Okay, im sorry then for misunderstanding your post.

@MrStormyZ - originally I planned this for much players. But if u wish, I can apply it on a 1v1 map.

Its advanced due to several additional possibilities that I add to the normal melee gameplay.
Via special modes like a capture the flag mode, a mode where u have to conquer different points to gain bonuses or (if you look at the optional modes) some fun things like custom heroes or the -wtf mode. This is what makes it advanced at the moment.

If you have some ideas for modes or other content, you can tell me via pm or in this thread.
I always wondered why there wasn't one in Wc3 like the Sc1 CTF or maybe some KoTH like AoE
probably it might not be balanced as the real melee is but hey there are always ways to balance it
the reason why I asked about 1v1 maps is cause you can hardly find many games like 5v5 or 6v6 in Wc3 melee these days people but people will always like 1v1 2v2.
and yea I'll be following this :)

Level 2
@MrStormyZ

Is it ok if its a 6v6 map but you play 1v1? I don't really want to have multiple maps like this. Know that the map size may not be very good for 1v1 :/

Level 2
Nice.Have you considered editing the techtrees of the races?

I didn't want to edit the techtrees simply because I want (except the custom heroes of course) the standard units. But if you have some examples, I'll think about it.

//edit

The open beta has started. You can find the download in the attachments of the first post. It did it so early because I need much more feedback. A few suggestions (for modes, bonuses, heroes) would also be nice :)

Level 2
I once had the function, that there are pings every few seconds to show where the flag is. But a friend of me said that it is getting annoying after a while.

If you wish, I can add it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.