• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding an Ability to a spell book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
sorry for resurrecting this thread...i'm asking myself too how to do it...i wanna do some questions:
1-If you disable a skill in the spellbook, the player WILL NOT SEE IT or he will see it but it's written under the name "Required...bla"???
2-Another thing...i've seen a map where u can choose skills from a shop, the problem is that there were...4 shops of 12 skills each one(so 48 skills * 5 slots is 240 skills...i don't think he has created 240 spellbooks:p )...and u can choose a maximum of 5 skills for a single spellbook...(and at the beginning is empty, there aren't skills that has written under then "not usable" or things like that...)...how has he done this?does he use the jass or there's a nice way to do it also with GUI?

thanks for helping :)

P.S.
Are there any way to give to a unit an "invisible" passive skill (like mortal hit but not visible/clickable for player)??It will be very helpful for some nice things (and to leave free button space)

Rui

Rui

Level 41
No. If you disable the ability for player he will not see it inside the spellbook. You could, however, create a dummy unit, set it's sight during Day/Night to 0 (so player can't detect it), give it locust ability, and add it somewhere on the map so the requirement is filled.

Level 2
yes but this is not resolving the thing...how has he made a map where u can choose the skills to put in a spellbook?

p.s. where i can find a list of strings that i can use in the enhanced spell trigger like "entaglingroots" or things like it? (is possible to use more times, entaglingroots on the same unit?(with normal editor u can't have same spell on a unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.