• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

There I contemplated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an old terrain I've reworked a bit. Not yet finished.
ya ya stretched textures, drill

Inspired by johannesr' TC13: Fictional World Wonder and L2love's Futuristic City plus some Mass Effect thingy :D

Just wanting to hear your thought about it and also flying cars, yes no?

Will get back to the other terrain soon-ish. Can't believe I put a dot in the title, Keiji could you remove that please?

Attachments

• contlights.png
    contlights.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Level 25
I love these futuristic cities in Warcraft. I guess you're planning on covering up the building glows with windows? Or maybe it would be better to add glows to each window one by one.
also flying cars, yes no?
Who would say no to that? :prazz: But if you don't just put them in the far distance, they'll probably end up becoming the main focus of the terrain.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Okay. The glows for windows trick (barely) never works out. It needs more detail in that case so you can't tell straight away what it is, e.g. it works alright for the building with the antenna far right. The mountain chain looks a bit deformed, but it's so distant it doesn't really play out as badly as it would.

Also, my only real peeve with your style is that you really need a better eye for which textures to use and where they go.

Otherwise, nice piece.

The mountain chain looks a bit deformed, but it's so distant it doesn't really play out as badly as it would.
Fixed a bit.

that you really need a better eye for which textures to use and where they go.
Redid the foreground pavement.

Also darkened parts of the sky.

I just don't like the mountain range, it kinda look out of place.
Perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.