• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lone Wanderer

Status
Not open for further replies.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
I will most likely change this alot so think of this as a WIP. Let me know what you think and what you would change and I will do my best to change it. There's something I don't fully like about it yet but I can't seem to hit the nail if you get my saying. Anyways, premature thanks.
Terrain - Lighthouse (Name).jpg
UPDATE:
Terrain - Lighthouse Update (Name).jpg

Last edited:
Level 36
Lovely terrain. Most of what needs be said is already said by my colleagues. But if I were you I would consider pushing back the black fog a little bit, not much, just so that like half of the island where the lighthouse is becomes "visible." As of now, that island being entirely black makes it push very much for being the center of focus, and when you want that focus to be the ancient in the background, it only irritates that the island is pitch black. But overall, this terrain is truly lovely.

Last edited:
Level 6
Perfect, absolutely love this terrain.
Can't think of anything to change.
:thumbs_up:

+rep

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Add light around the torches in the dark. Other then that I like it.
Interesting idea, I'll update it today.
But if I were you I would consider pushing back the black fog a little bit, not much, just so that like half of the iseland where the lighthouse is becomes "visible." As of now, that iseland being entirely black makes it push very much for bein the center of focus, and when you want that focus to be the ancient in the background, it only irritates that the iseland is pitch black.
I'll push it back a bit, really keen observation.

Level 11
very cool terrain,lovely atmosphere
i really like how you used the fog and how you made the eyes of the colosus/giant
not much to improve on it other than what has been said...only advice that i could give is probably to lower the fog that is the most close to the camera so its under the rocks from the right side making it look like the fog is in the canyon/crevasse

Level 6
The latest update is amazing, especially the fog in the background is well set. Maybe I would place some small rock in the front, beside the big ones cause some of the textures are a bit too stretched. The only weirdthing I found is the something (whatever it is,if there are trees they dont look like it) on top of one of the mountains on the left side.
Really love this one!!!

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Thanks for feedback and criticism. I actually didn't like my update at all and it somehow slipped my mind to save it. I'll redo some changes to the first one at some point in the morning. Thanks for pointing out the sky, I was quite pleased with the looks of it. And I'll try to get the torch glow right this time.

Level 36
Ah the update shows my point, at the least. But as said, there are some issues about it. If I were the one to make it I would go for a more gray toned color for the ground doodads, and keep the dawn-ish color look for the background. Also try to be more gentle about the lights around the torches, will you? ;)

Also, I personally think that the main thing that made the new version look "less" attractive than its prior might be that you overdid the adding of trees and rocks and land, try keeping it a little more barren but with more detail as in how you place the doodads, and doodad variation.

Status
Not open for further replies.