• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Military Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
A...truck ? you want people to use theyre valuable time for... a truck ? sure, its usefull 'n all but cant you think of something better to ask for ?

Level 6
I go with Mechanical Man, would you want your marines to be walking/running instead of a vehicle like in BHD? Black Hawk Down. Well sure you wouldn't care if you're not in the US but seriously it's for the map, and all I need this model or there would probably be less marines which would be crappy incase some enemies advance to close.

Level 13
okay okay jeeze, im just saying there are more prominent military vehicles to request for, you dont need to all gang up on me just for my opinion, after all its worth next to nothing on this forum (something people fail to realize).

Level 3
@ shaynne: sorry, i cannot create models but there is something great for convoi's.
just search in the model section for "APC" and "Jeep", these are very great made military models.

Level 6
Just to make the both of ya better, I'll give ya both rep points or diamonds for making the model. Doesn't matter who wins or who's model is better.

Level 12
Would this little guy I have here interest you?

Attachments

• RedAlertVehicles_Smal.jpg
    RedAlertVehicles_Smal.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 162
Level 12
Did you say that your friend is a skinner? Yes... yes you did, so your friend should be able to skin it just fine. All you have to do is get permission from Illidan(evil)X to edit the skin. Good luck... If you dont need camo on it, tell me and I will hook you up with a link anyways.

Level 34
You stole my '^_^' emoticon!

Oh and I will be your referee. Gentlemen, shake hands. Good. Ok here are the rules: I want a clean and good fight. No stop philosophical stuff or dancing bananas! Ok let's get it on!

Level 6
I could be a referee :thumbs_up:

Did you say that your friend is a skinner? Yes... yes you did, so your friend should be able to skin it just fine. All you have to do is get permission from Illidan(evil)X to edit the skin. Good luck... If you dont need camo on it, tell me and I will hook you up with a link anyways.

Could i get a link so i can be more "specific" to Illidan(Evil)X?

He can give rep now :D

Thanks! :thumbs_up:

Level 34
And if you get the message off ''Buy full pack of Rar'' or something, just click close every time because that hasn't got any use that buying. :)

Level 23
I still don't see the problem with making normal, non-combat military vehicles.

I've been trying to convince myself to make more industrial and civilian-esque RDZ Industries vehicles; they add that extra depth that you can't get with just tanks and mechs and choppers and shit.

Level 6
Seriously, All you see are just stuff like Marines and Tanks and Airplane/Helicopters and Naval stuff you dont see any actual Military Trucks except for the 4 person Jeep by Illidan(evil)X and maybe some others i probably missed... It's just really lame how we can use anything but the Jeep and APC which most likely dont go with the map your making =P

Level 13
Maybe its because people tend to make wargames.

Or perhaps im just stating the obvious, after all the game were playing IS Warcraft 3 I mean, come on, you cant blame the community on this one.

Level 34
And maybe a civillian plane would be nice too.
747_n.jpg

Or scooters with a special trigger/spell: Nothing loaded: Nothing on scooter, Footman loaded: footy on scooter, Grunt loaded too: Grunt on the backseat of scooter. 2 units loaded on scooter = 2 units seenable on the scooter. Weird if you ask me :3

Level 6
I'm the "creator" of this thread and I kinda updated yesterday and I'm just saying that we dont have civilian/non-combatant military vehicles ever made... Everyone is so interested in the military i think they forgot about the actual life lol

Level 13
The only time ill ever go " zomg my post count is... is when it becomes 1337, which (in case one does not know) means leet, or elite, but thats mainly for hilarity.

On topic: So shayne, that means you want every civilian vehicle made that is in real life ? or are you just saying: it would be neat if model(s) x,y,z are made ?
(IE: not part of this request)

I just want to clear things up a bit.

Level 32
[off-topic]

Shouldn't this be in the challenge forum?
Close, but not quite.

Challenge requests belong in The Hive Workshop's Admin Contact forum.

Rules & Guidelines (README)

After challenges are approved, they are then moved to the Challenge section.

Community > FAQ > THW Rules > Going Off-Topic
Users should maintain the integrity of thread topics and post in any thread only to reply to its subject. Posters may not go off-topic in any thread without a valid reason. If a user finds it necessary to post in a thread while not responding closely to the topic itself they should either:

1. Quote a relevant portion of an existing post in that thread and reply based upon the quote.
2. Preface their post with an indication that the post varies from the thread topic, examples: [OFF TOPIC] *off-topic* (Off Topic)

Users that consistently vary from thread subjects by posting off-topic replies may be warned or receive negative reputation penalties.

Moderators may delete off-topic posts at any time, without warning.

~ Post(s) moved (to the challenge section). Thread cleaned.

Status
Not open for further replies.