• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Teh Plaguelands (WoW Style)

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Like Ralle said, "Lets fill up this gallery".
I know the sky's fucked up, but anyway, enjoy...

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_070307_201932_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_070307_201932_01.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,729
Level 24
The tile variation looks great, but I think it could use a bit more detail (like grass, rocks etc).

And i'm pretty sure that problem with the sky can be fixed up holding down ctrl and scrolling back on your mouse wheel, might be wrong though.

Level 6
I like your style of terraining you are good at tile variation, but like "bob27" said you should've put more enviroment dodads.

Level 34
That's a good idea brad!

Since this has been revived: The sky box is crap, and the whole terrain is too random. The different doodads clash. Like the Undead building and the human base, with destroyed windmills.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Wut... this thread is alive?
Blah, I know the sky sucks, but there is a theme in here. And it is to mimic the Plaguelands as they are in WoW. They have mushrooms, they have flying necropolises, they have destroyed human bases with burnt windmills... or whatever. Oh and they're brown with dead trees all over the place. So yeah, that the theme.

Level 23
The tile variation looks great, but I think it could use a bit more detail (like grass, rocks etc).

And i'm pretty sure that problem with the sky can be fixed up holding down ctrl and scrolling back on your mouse wheel, might be wrong though.

scroll forwards while holding Ctrl. Thats how you zoom in the sky. You can always move your placemeent back anyways. Otherwise, this is great! maybe change the lighting some to give it that "controlled by the scourge" feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.