• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

The fierceome CatStrokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Links:
Lands of the gods
Catmen

Catstrokes are in general reffered as the Deusdalum.

There are thousands of deusdalums in the world. They evolve in four stages, but dispite their great numbers, only 5 catstrokes have reached the fourth phase. The evolving takes hundreds of years, if they even evolve. Only a few evolve to another stage, and if they are to be counted lucky, it's not certain if they will survive the process. A Deusdalum cannot be born. They must be turned. A deusdalum is originally a deusdali who has been turned by the ancient god, Misabilis or his lackeys. When turned, they devolve into a weaker state then they were before, but as mentioned, they can evolve into beings far superior to the original deusdali.

The four stages of a catstroke

Leecher:
Has the resemblance of a house cat. Feeds by climbing onto the victim's back and ''leech''.

Warstroke:
Alot larger than the leecher and are the primary assault force of the deusdalum.

Laborer:
The workforce of the deusdalum. Has about the same size as Warstrokes but can walk on two legs, which enables them to handle tools and equipment. They do everything from harvesting resources to forging and turning deusdalians.

Deusdalum Elites:
The fourth and mightiest of the catstrokes. Being larger than the laborer it possesses great strength and agility. Only five known deusdalums elites exist today.
Deusdalum
172844-albums3157-picture26854.jpg

Some call them evil, others just tainted. But the story of catstrokes reach far, to the dawn of time..

The Deusdalum is an ancient breed that first began with the cat demigod Misabilis and his brothers Decripis and Solin. They ruled over the kingdom Dermoptrus as a trinity. This kingdom was one of the few according to ancient writings were ruled by three parties. The same text also says that it would actually be Decripis which was the oldest of those who would govern, but their father Pardilir mysterioulys died before he could publish it. Three years later Misabilis murdered his brothers out of power madness, but before the betrayed brothers took their last breath they prayed to the ancient gods to take revenge on Misabilis. But their prayers remained unanswered. That was until Misabilis large armies stood at their gate of the gods acted. They freed the slaves and sent Misabilis and his faithful subjects to the underworld in distorted forms of what Misablils once was. But he vowed to return again...

But Misabilis reign of terror had set his mark on the world. Culists spread over what was once Misabilis kingdom gathered and created the secret order of Deusdalum. For milleniums, they have worked, from generation to generation to rekindle Misabilis. But recent studies showed that Misabilis physical body had been destroyed. Though his essence still alive, trapped in the underworld. The only way to rewake him was to bind his essence to a creature like his old body. But not just any creature, they needed Misabilis only son. still they search, yet their efforts seems futile. Some say that he did not have a son, others that he is protected by the gods. It was later discovered that he was live and well, hidden by the gods who forsake his father...

Three days before the invasion of the gods' land, had Misabilis wife, Spuris given birth to a son in secret from her husband. In fear that her son would be just as evil as her father, she walked alone in the secret to the gods. She prayed for them that they should raise the child in goodness. And no one could refuse such a request. They took him, named him Felisictus, and he was raised as a god.

During his early years had Felisictus been raised by the midwife Eachis which he saw as his own mother. The gods tried to keep it a secret for a long time about who was his real mother and father. Felisictus learned fast to cope with both bow and sword, and he had the dream to become the greatest warrior in the realm of the gods.

When he was ten years old, it was decided that he was mature enough to know the truth. He did not take it well, but three long agonizing days later, he started talking to people again. When Felisictus grew to be a strong cat demigod but ever since he knew, he had always wondered if his father really was a cruel demigod, and how the outside life was. The gods refused to let him out of the gods' realm, for they knew what might happen to him. But Felisictus had already decided, he was going to the earth realm.

The Heroic tale of Felisictus the Just, a compendium of stories

As Felisictus walked the outskirts of the Kalindrin forest, searching for clues of his father, he stumbled upon an ancient tablet. He studied it closely, it was written in a lnguage that was not his. The were carvings of men workshiping cats so it was a good lead. All he needed was someone to read it. He picked up his sword and began to travel to the nearest village.

After hours of walking, he arrived at the village of Woodshire. The village was very busy for he had arrived at the middle of the day. He made countless of efforts showing the villagers and traders the tablet, but all just shook their heads and continued on whatever they were doing. There seemed to be a fight going on outside the local pub. Five angry and somewhat drunk men stood in a ring around one young man. Felisictus ignored him and kept asking people:
- Hoy there! the man shouted. I know someone who can read that.
- Who? asked Felisictus. Tell me please!
- Shure would love to, but I seem to have gotten myself in quite a pickle here. said the young man. Little help please?
The man was being pounded by very inaccure blows by the five men.
Seeing no other way, Felisictus grabbed his sword and placed it on one of the men's neck.
- Erm, look, we don't want any trouble, sir, gentle sir. We just got too much of the ale, that's all, the man quickly pleaded.
The five menquickly dispersed, leaving a slightly bruced young man behind.
- Thank's for that mate, said the young man. Seems like people dislike having their mother called whores.
Felisictus sighed and said:
- Now, tell me where i can find someone who can read this.
The man responded:
- Well, that's the least i can do since all the life saving and such. She is called Britla and lives just outside of town. She's crazy they say, a witch, but i think she's just a deranged hag who knows much of the occult. If you would be so kind to follow me, i'll take you there. Im Rolf by the way.
- Im Felisictus.

As they approached Britlas home, they noticed the air getting thicker and a slight change of environment. it was riddled with flowers and herbs around the little wooden shack that was her home. As they entered the little shack they noticed how small it really was. A huge pot filled with bubbling green liquid took up almost all of the single room of the hut. A woman was intensely stirring the pot, and slowly the colour went from green to red.
- Where can i find Britla? Felisictus asked.
- If your big eyes might be able to see, you are looking at her, the woman responded.
Apparently, the old hag was not as old as people claimed, or perhaps it was trickery.
- Can you read this? Asked Felisictus and gave her the tablet.
Quickly Britla tossed it away and pushed herself to a corner and yelled:
- No! Not him, he can never return, he's evil, pure evil! The woman started crying.
- Why? Who is he? Is it my father? Misablilis?
- Argh, it's you! Leave now! Leave, leave! Britla shouted.
The went out as the door was slammed behind them. Rolf said:
- Misabilis, isn't that a deusdalian name?
- Deusdalian? asked Felisictus.
- Aren't you a deusdalian? You shure look like one.
- Well i was... raised away from my kin.
- Right, back to what i was saying. Far to the south lies the Deusdalian kingdoms. Maybe we should start searcing there?
- We?
- Ehm... i heard i while ago there was treasure hidden there. Always wanted to be rich. But you'll need me, im a good pickpocket and I shure can make traps. Not so shoody with the bow too.
- Perhaps you're right. Seems like have little to lose on the deal so...
- Great! I have a very light package so we'll be on our way shortly.

They traveled south along the River of the Mist through the Dark Forest, and crossed the Dead Desert towards the first city in search for more clues of Felisictus father. The cities were different compared to the humans. The houses were simpler made, but bigger and there was seemingly little defenses. Few catmen walked the streets. Mostly guards that were patrolling. Something was defenitly going on here. Felisictus and Rolf approached the castle. Even more gaurds were patrolling around the castle. The castle itself was not very pretty. Built mainly from sand rocks and whatever wood you could find, it had a very unnatural shape. Like it was going to fall down at any minute. But it seems like it had been standing there a long time, and would not collapse, so they went to the front gates. A guard halted them and said:
- What are you doing outside at this time? It's not safe.
- What's going on here? asked Felisictus.
- An evil creature, it will devour you whole. I've seen it. It's horrend...
A loud shriek was heard throughout the city.
- Oh no! Here it comes. To arms deusdalians!
The followed the sound of the shrieks of both man and monster to the south exit. A group of twenty men stood fighting the beast. It was larger than five catmen standing on each other and looked like a blend of a worm and a lizard. The back pair of legs were very short whilst his arms were like huge tentacles, continously swooping away the deusdalians trying to attack it. Felisictus grabbed his sword and charged. He jumped onto the left arm moving towards the head. He leaped and thrusted his sword in the monster's neck, and slid to its feet, creating a huge gaping wound. The creature shrieked yet again and fled through the ground, leaving a bunch of dead deusdalians behind. The men cheered at Felisictus who quickly got very embarrased. The guard who first spoke to him said:
- Do you wish to see our lords now, hero?

The castle interior looked better than the outside. Not good, but better. Three old men sat around a stone table discussing. The stopped as soon as the heard visitors.
- This is our hero, i presume? said one of the men.
- Yes, this is Felisictus, responded the guard.
- Ah, too bad you didn't get a killing blow on that creature. Then atleast we could live at ease for the next months.
- There's more? asked Felisictus.
- Why yes, a whole nest in fact, responded another man. Did you think they just jumps out of the ground?
- Easy now brother, said the third man. No need to be rude to our hero. It's those cultists breeding those things. Now, why are you here?
- I search for clues of an ancient demigod, called Misabilis, responded Felisictus.
- Yes that tall tale, said the first man.
- It's no tale brother, we actually have many text and tablets telling his life, said the second man.
- We could let you look at these, we only ask you to help us against these cultists.
One who was taught in good could not deny such a call of need, so he said:
- Ill seek these cultists out, and destroy their creatures.
Thank you, brave sir, said the second man. We will send you a group of our elite deusdalians to accompany you. Their lair lies to the east, this map shows you their precise location.

The cold desert winds were cold and harsh. Felisicus, Rolf and the five catmen sat around. There was; Sangrind ''the sledgehammer'', Grukumd ''the tactican'', Fherklad ''the stout'', Jintler ''the blunt'' and Berkhlob ''the young''. -name and Berkhlob were the youngest in the group, and seemingly the only ones capable of laughter. Well, compared to the others, they were a laughing stock, yet a chuckle is the best you can muster out of them. Rolf continously tried to make the older three laugh, but it seemed like they were not capable of even smiling. It was also almost impossible to maintain a proper conversation with them. At best you could hope for five-ten minutes. But when they started discussing tales of honour and glory, all of them were eager to share their tale. Some were about the slaying of great beasts, others about tales of battle. One tale stood out in particular. Berkhlob killed a young man for trying to take a zip from his ale. But perhaps he was just trying to scare. They bonded over that night, knowing that they could trust each other's backs.

The following morning was even worse than the night. The never ending glare of the sun, sand as far as the eye could see. Nature was, as always, relentless. Few things happened during their journey. They could see some single dried up bushes trying to survive, perhaps even a critter would pop up his head wondering why someone would even try to be there. But just as fast it showed itself, it was gone, lying under the sand to protect it from the sun. Catmen have light fur to protect them from the sun's rays, but Rolf was no catman. His skin was all red and it had a thin layer of sweat on top of it, giving him a red shine. Few words were spoken during the journey exept for Rolf's complaining.

The cultists' lair was not spectacular. It was a mere cave. Some might doubt if it really was their place but they had to trust the map. As they entered the cave they knew at first sight that the were at the right place. There were torches and mysterious carvings of cat kings on the cave walls. But there was also something strange about this cave. It didn't look natural, yet not man made, and it had a musky scent lying dormant. Felisictus and Rolf picked up one torch each and began marching down, far down.

Far down the cave they encountered an underground temple. It looked as if it was made of gold due to the coulor of the rock it was made of. This was definitly man made. Apparently, this was the main hall consitsting of various ornamented pillars. You could also spot more carvings on the wall. This place seemed to be very important. As they moved on into a small hallway with Felisictus in the front, and Rolf in the back. But before Rolf could get through, a sliding door closed up the hallway leaving him all alone.

He pounded at the solid rock door in fear of being left alone. As he slowly tried to figure out what he should do he began hearing footsteps. He looked bck and saw dozens of cultist standing in identical robes, exept for one. The cultist in the red robe embroidered with silver and gold emblems approached Rolf and said:
- Do not fear my child, for you have indeed done great good for us.
- What do you mean? asked Rolf.
- Let me introduce myself. Im Sargir, arch priest of out society, and you have brought a blessing to us. You have brought the child of our god.
- Who? Child? God?
- He have not told you? Perhaps he does not know of his purpose.
- Seems like you don't answer questions very well.
- Do not forget your place, human! For it seems that it is i who have the combat advantage here. But alas we need you.
- Long ago a demigod called Misabilis ruled the entire world. He almost succeded in claiming the gods realm as well. We want that back. For thousands of years we have searched. Form generation to generation, after Misabilis only son, for it must be in him he shall be reincairnated. But we did not expect him to be such a great warrior and have elite catmen with him. We need you for this. You must sepeprate him from the group and bring him to us, unarmed. We will pay handsomely of coarse. This is your chance for you to make your dreams come true!
Rolf hesitated, could he really forsake one man for his own fortune?

Felisictus had searched through the nearby chambers, they had successfully destroyed the sand creatures' hive, but the rest were empty. Felisictus wondered what they were supposed to be filled with, but he had no time to think as Rolf approached from a hallway.
- Felisictus, come with me, i have something to show you?
- Is something wrong?
- It's about your father, you must come alone. I don't trust the other deusdalians to take it very well.
Trusting his companion, Felisictus handed over his torch and ordered the men to stay and watch whilst they went through the hallway. Felisictus got a sense that something was wrong but chose to ignore it.

They entered what appeared to be the main chamber of the undergroud complex. The walls went further than the torch could reach giving them only visibility of the solid rock ground. They came half-way through when the whole chamber lit up and hundreds of cultists surrounded them. Arch priest Sargir stepped forward and said with a comforting voice:
- You have done well my child. You will be rewarded greatly.
Felisictus went for his sword, but it was gone.
- Sorry my friend, said Rolf who took a step back and tossed away the sword.
The arch priest snapped his fingers and several heavy bags were brought to Rolf. Two cultists grabbed Felisictus and dragged him to an altar positioned behind the arch priest. They locked Felisictus on it.
- Now the ritual can commence! said the arch priest with a powerful voice.
Four cultists dressed in purple approached Felisictus and stood in a circle around him. The began waving their arms as the rest of the cultists sang a chant that would roughly translated be something like this: ''Capture the son, summon the god, stand with his armies, conquer the world!''. Rolf watched in agony how Felisictus twitched in pain as the ritual progressed. He could take it no longer. He picked up his bags and left, never to be heard of again.

The deusdalians had arrived when the ritual was near completion. The watched in horror as Felisictus was released and stood up to gaze upon his servants, but he was not Felisictus anymore. He was Misabilis. The cultist fell on their knees and awated his command. He spotted the catmen and lounged towards them, leaving them mortally wounded in seconds. He began another ritual and after minutes, the dausdalians had risen again, as his servants. Misabilis looked at the cultists and started turning them. One after one..

Rolf were never heard of again. Some say he went in exile, others say he's sitting in a bar, rotting away in surrow. Eventually all the cultists became deusdalums. But they were only in the first stage. Therefor they wait. The deusdalians elites rose to become his five leaders as they prepare, to conquer the world.

Felisictus' ancient tablet:
For a thousand years they had searched, to be able to stand, as deusdalums. They will not start conquering at first. They will wait, for their young to become stronger and an increase in number. It takes hundreds of years fo the deusdalums to become strong, but when the time comes, they will conquer it all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.