• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

PalmTree

Keywords:
palm, tree, tropical, island
Contents

PalmTree (Model)

Level 3
Hello mates

I just wanted to tell you how to solve the problem of the invisible tree.

--> You cannot set this model on a custom tree wall.

If you want to use this tree make a custom unit out of a destructible that has no Model variations, for example a barrel. Then change the "targeted as" to tree and the death sound to TreeWallDeath.

If you create a new custom unit out of an old tree wall it will not work. The modell will not be displayed in the editor. If you change the model variations to 1, then it will be visible inside the editor, but not in the game.

So create a custom unit out of a barrel or any other destructible that has only one variation and it will work i just did it.

Level 2
I love this palm tree. It's the only modded custom palm tree i've seen. And for those of you who don't know, this palm tree has animation. It looks like i'ts blowing in the wind. Looks very natural. I give it a 5/5 without a shadow of a doubt. I suggest it for Director's Choice. Good luck Buster i hope you get it. Btw if you ever see this message we put your palm tree in our map -=13attleships=- [Pro]. Come check out our site sometime at http://www.13attleships.com Take care buster and i look forward to more custom models made by you.

Level 6
need help i used barrel as the base file for palm tree but when i use it it appears as a green box in editor but it is a tree in the game -.- I have put the model file to the palm model mdx file so dun give me that answer thx

need help i used barrel as the base file for palm tree but when i use it it appears as a green box in editor but it is a tree in the game -.- I have put the model file to the palm model mdx file so dun give me that answer thx

Why cant anyone READ EARLIER messages before asking questions?!

1.Import your god damn file

2. Change the god damn names to:
ui\Glues\SinglePlayer\NightElf_Exp\StrangleTree02_Trunk3.blp
ui\Glues\SinglePlayer\NightElf_Exp\StrangleTree02_Leaves_01.blp

3. Restart your god damn map and bingo..

P.S: If you want to have the tree AS a already existing tree, just change the "MODEL FILE VARIATIONS" TO 1 (NOT 12 or whatever it is)

Level 3
This model isn't made by buster! It shows already in "NightElfBackdrop_V1". The model is completed and already made by blizzard. He simply removed 2 branches which decreased the poly count by 30. 0/10 no credits to blizzard (For the skin and for the model); Taking credit for yourself, etc.