• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GarithosPaladin

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/homor/ requested this in the request threads, so i tried to make Garithos as paladin.

Update: Changed shoulder texture, fixed the lion belt and changed the cape texture.
Update2: Optimized the model a little, reducing the filesize from 425 to 264.
Update3: Completely remade of the model to make it differ from the other paladin models. Added new head, helmet, shoulderpads, shield on his back, new axe mesh, new belt, wrapped from scratch whole model...
Now it shouldn't look like a simple edit. Refresh the page for the new screenshot.

Keywords:
Dark Lord, Garithos, Paladin, Alliance
Contents

GarithosPaladin (Model)

GarithosPaladin (Model)

Reviews
10:51, 23rd Apr 2015 Misha: it's alright, it works ingame and looks good. there's just an issue with how he holds his hammer and that the black shoulderpad deforms in a few animations, but that is an issue with every arthas-based model. I'll approve...

M

10:51, 23rd Apr 2015
Misha: it's alright, it works ingame and looks good. there's just an issue with how he holds his hammer and that the black shoulderpad deforms in a few animations, but that is an issue with every arthas-based model. I'll approve this, but if you can get that fixed, i'll up the rating

Level 9
Despite the simplicity of the model, I must say I positively love the concept. A bit more polish and this would be one great model, even if you kept it pretty simple. I'll save my rating 'til it gets updated, but if you keep the general concept while still polishing it up, I'll be more than happy to give a full rating + vote for approval.

Something you could consider to differentiate it would be to maybe replace his cape with his usual shield, mounted on his back, and you could even use something like the Matrix Eater to add in "alternate" animations of him in his standard, mounted form, except with the cape or shield added and some additions to his horse, perhaps.

Other than that, all I can suggest is maybe adjusting the UV mapping on the belt buckle part to have the Team Color cover up the whole plate, instead of having those weird, black edges at the bottom.

Very eager to see where this model goes, man, keep up the good work! ^.^

Level 50
Despite the simplicity of the model, I must say I positively love the concept. A bit more polish and this would be one great model, even if you kept it pretty simple. I'll save my rating 'til it gets updated, but if you keep the general concept while still polishing it up, I'll be more than happy to give a full rating + vote for approval.

Something you could consider to differentiate it would be to maybe replace his cape with his usual shield, mounted on his back, and you could even use something like the Matrix Eater to add in "alternate" animations of him in his standard, mounted form, except with the cape or shield added and some additions to his horse, perhaps.

Other than that, all I can suggest is maybe adjusting the UV mapping on the belt buckle part to have the Team Color cover up the whole plate, instead of having those weird, black edges at the bottom.

Very eager to see where this model goes, man, keep up the good work! ^.^

Thanks for the comment. Looking forward to update. I can't think of some big changes here, just chest wrap. I did this in hurry but i think it will be useful for the public.

Level 42
ShoulderPad Wrap could be better, now it looks a Little Wierd (And I think the Lion one should be the Bigger one lol, in my opinion)

Pant's Wrap look wierd, the cape looks like stick on it, but isnt a big matter, Model Overal little too simple but still, Somehow useful?

I like the Belt, But you should really make it look not Stretch, maybe you should Scale
Shift-Scale-ZX (In Mdlvis) on that to adjust it a little, Could Use a Better Chest Wrap but I have no idea what's better lol

I rate 3/5 for now lol

from what i can see, his whole lower half (including butt) could be re wrapped better, and, while the boots and forearms look ok, they could use some more love.. the pauldron with the lion isn't looking that neat in shape, and also makes the lion look kinda retarded.
lion on the belt buckle looks pretty cool, but the belt buckle metal looks horribly stretched and just messed up.. try to redo that from scratch, into a legit belt that goes around his waist

Level 18
I found myself channeling my inner ParkourDude91 and saying "Duuuude that's sick!" to myself when I saw this. Wonderful work. I've been waiting for a model like this for like five years.

All those elves are gonna regret the day they were born when Othmar "The Sin'Dorei Shall Die" Garithos.

Level 3
I disagree. It's nice and realistic the way it is.

i might agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that he already changed Garithos weapon from a short handel axe to a long handle battleaxe, dont get me wrong it's not bad at all, but i do still think it should be increased in size by a little, when i look at it, it almost look like he is hitting you with a spoon