• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Halo Tree (Snowy 2)

A halo-style tree model that i made. Texture was based on my fir model, with some color tweaking to make it look more halo-esque.
This variation has less snow on it than variation 1 and a slightly different bend and branch configuration.

PLEASE NOTE:

All my halo trees were meant to be used as a set and shares three different textures (normal, dead and snowy). This means it LOOKS like this model is huge while it actually isn't - each of the textures are between 40 and 80kb, while the models are between 6 and 20kb.

UPDATE:
Added animations.

Keywords:
halo, tree, forest, snow, wood, fir, nature
Contents

Halo Tree (Snowy 2) (Model)

Reviews
Frankster : Works in-game and performs well. Approved.

M

Moderation: 15:25, Sunday 18th December 2011
Frankster :
Works in-game and performs well.
Approved.

No. I am just encouraging others to. :)
There are more models coming to go with this, including some halo reach trees that are of even higher quality. Also, you might want to check out the tilesets i added to the first tree variation thread.

That's a noble deed indeed, too bad you seem the only one who likes Halo and that isn't a noob :p

Read the description. It uses three different textures that are common to all the tree models. All the five tree models together take less than 80kb. Then there are three textures of between 50-80kb each (one for dead, one for green, one for snowy). You can increase compression rate of the textures if you want, but i wanted to post them in a quality that is good.