• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wizard City

Lord Garithos to his army:
This land is fulled with gold,the city here will be the new Lordaeron Capital.The gold is enought to support an army that can retake Lordaeron,that's why I want you men to protect at all cost!

Now about the Map:
-Each Player Gets 100 000 000 gold in their starting mine (you dont need to worry about upkeep n stuff anymore)
-Lots of Trees 1 normal tree has 150 lumber (50 in a normal map) 1 Canopy tree has 100 lumber(50 in a normal map)
-6 difrent start locations (lordaeron wood,tropical island,cursed land,Ashenvale wood,Village and small city)
-A magic city in the midle
-creep guards so you dont rush/get rushed too soon
-4 mines in the middle of the city each 100 000 000
-4 Taverns in the city
-6 marketplases.1 near every player base
-Tower hills
-2 Mercanery camps (Dalaran and Lordaeron Summer)
-3 Goblin Mearchants
-2 Goblin Labs
-each player has 2 green and 2 yellow creep camps
- +50 lumber for all trees and i'm gonna destroy some for more space
- new units in mercenary camps
- better starting location terrain
- goblin merchants are moving to the marketplase so that players can have more items
- more space
- fixed a small bug
-fixing the creep locations

Keywords:
Mele, City, Dalaran, Mage, Wizard, Human, Orc, Night, Elf, Undead, Gold
Contents

Wizard City (Map)

Reviews
15:17, 4th Jul 2009 Linaze: A rather good melee map with a few changes from regular melee such as the trees lasting longer and the gold mines containing extremely much gold. A few suggestions, though: - Work a bit on the terrain, it's decent at the...

M

15:17, 4th Jul 2009
Linaze: A rather good melee map with a few changes from regular melee such as the trees lasting longer and the gold mines containing extremely much gold. A few suggestions, though:
- Work a bit on the terrain, it's decent at the moment, but some more tile variation and doodads (especially of the environmental kind, near the trees) wouldn't hurt.
- Balance the different players starting areas a bit since currently certain players have more room to build on that others making it imbalanced.
- The merchant camps are guarded by red creep camps, but really, who needs mercenaries when they're so far into the game that they're able to take care of red creep camps?
- There are a bit to many neutral buildings at the moment, and some areas have two of them next to each other, dividing them more would be better since then the players won't have access to several of these building by just taking one creep camp.

Level 4
Original melee map, but not that good.
The main problem is the space, you can't pass, you can't kill the creeps, actually you have to do a "hit and run" to kill the creeps, or "hit, run and ambush" XD that doesn't feel good, the terrain is too small in my opinion. And there's a trouble with some places where you start, creeps can actually kill you, some creeps are dangerously near your starting base, I didn't notice that on time and some creeps destroy my base... I just wanted to expand the blight summoning a ziggurat (really, if you start in the middle north/south you're doomed) and then some creeps come and start destroying everything, of course I was starting so I only had one hero and some ghouls, they where killed by 7 creeps, one on level 8... that's just not right XD, I like the almost unlimited resources, but... try improving the terrain.

Level 18
v1.01

Ok for the next version (probably gonna come out today):
- +50 lumber for all trees and i'm gonna destroy some for more space
- new units in mercenary camps
- better starting location terrain
- goblin merchants are moving to the marketplase so that players can have more items
-MORE ROOM!!!!!1
-fixing the creep locations

Level 8
ye. its just a remake... wait, not even a remake. just a few more wood and trees, more gold in mine, and thats all. I used to do this stuff when learning, but I never uploaded (because simple edits arn't allowed... I dont think). Linaze why did you accept this?

Level 4
Maybe is because this maps looks like the Viena melee map... it looks kinda similar, but definitively is not the same.

Level 8
not Viena. theres an actual melee map. I'll go play wc3, find it, take SS and show u.

Level 18
Stormgrade ok

It looks like stormgrade (i tink thats the name) ok!But it's not a copy edit or anything,i just played stormgrade today and saw how much it looks like my map just from the minimap but not in terran.

Last edited:
Level 20
I have to agree with you.

Now let me think about something very critiquetinyihng.

Infite resources mean more camping in base and less expanding... It means not good. And you are spamming flies, fires and corpses on "towns". And musrooms, wat. All islands are very difference when compared to each others. There is tropic, horror, normal, elf, troll, city... No, this map is just filled with a plain randomness. And starting islands seems to not be balanced, and you have two shops, both next to each other... Again something randomness without any clue. And back to the imbalanced islands thing; every island has its own creeps, I smell unbalance. Like to horro island has Infernals and Doom Lords, wat. And then the middle island, the town. Come on its a trap. You can move and micro your units in there. They rather get stuck. And nobody wants to go across those small bridges of blockzorage (in very mid). And the bottom-right tavern in the city: you go in, you stay in. Blocked, blocked, blocked. And you even used critters + flowers combo. How the map can rated as 3/5... I dont think that it would be a nice match if Grubby and Sky would play on this map. This map is too much away from the "melee". So I'd rly rate it 1/5.

Level 8
Its a simple edit. If you really want to make it look different, try experimenting with different terrains on the one pallette. and for the expansion side of things, lower the resources in starting bases to a very low amount, and then make the expansion bases have more resources, forcing an expansion.

Make the units from the mercenary camp strong, but hard to aquire, forcing players to build an army to counter them.

Lastly, try making it well detailed without overdoing the doodads. Maybe play some of HFR's maps for inspiration. Hope this advice helps.

Level 18
I got tierd from writing so read it !

100 000 000 GOLD!!!!111! at the start .Do you think i wanted expansions in this map?!?! NO! I hate them!!!!
...ok imagine this: you have a big base with lots of army and towers and a good 6-10 level hero.But one day(game time) after a big lost battle the gold runs out !!!1! :O :O :O
so what do you do ???:
1)alt+f4
2)whosyourdaddy,warpten,greedisgood 10000000 ,google warcraft 3 hack
3)You go tho the nearby mine,you kill the bad guyswith your small army get a worker to to bild a town hall/great hall/three of life/haunted gold mine and by the time the workers start geting the gold suddenly the same army that kicked your ass before is now atacking your expansion so what do you do!?!?!? You get your hero that just came back from the altar and still doesn't have any mana and your big tier 1 army (you cant aford better) and you use a scroll of town portal,but as you get to the expansion you notise that not all your army made it (.....24 units ....) and some are back in the base.So you lost the battle by the time your fatass tier 1 troops got to the expansion they get killed too the towers in your base kill some of the weaker enemy army but they get killed too.THE END!And thats why in my map ther's 100 000 000 gold.Ok now about the randomness.You seen the other maps the start and the creeps look the same to all players and i dont like it :thumbs_down: .About the shops,they are there so your heroes can have all the items they need.About that tavern I think i fixed it but i gess not.And about the middle town it's not made for defence or battle or anyting its made for the one player............the player who owns the town.

Cokemonkey11

Code Reviewer
Level 29
rlly cant understand the mapmods. they give me 2/5 for Fate and Glory but give 3/5 to this one ... -.- hive,hive,hive

Yea, and I got vJass powered speed maps declined. Mods apparently don't actually care about quality, balance, or replayability, they just play a map and if they think it's fun..

Level 8
ye, its incredibly stupid the way the mapmods work. and a melee map with no expansion??? ffs whats the point of melee without expansion? why no just build a bazillion towers... oh wait, thats pretty much what hes promoting. no thanks, I'd give this one a miss.. infact I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole... even thats too short.

Level 8
indeed. I think he should play proper melee/ladder maps for a little while, then fix this map.