• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Grand Chase v5.2b

This is my map, Grand Chase::

I've been working it soon as I become closed with Map Making..... this is my very first map project.
HomePage

Map Changelogs

Forum

Facebook Page

Trailer:

This map is based on the popular gaming client, Grand Chase, which I prefer to play when I am bored without playmates on warcraft.

Choose from either Serdin or Kanavan and defend yourself and proof you are the best! Choose from 9 unique characters and complete your quest! To be the last standing team/player. This map Supports the Job Upgrading Feature. This feature enables your character to change their job including their skills, status and the likes. The map also features different game modes to choose from. I would like to thank every people especially in HIVE for their works. I also like to give credits to those who help in the spells and systems used in this map.I could not mention but they were just many. Also, thanks to my friends......

*9 Characters to choose from
*Capture the Flag Mode (Beta)
*Command Modes are available that modifies the gameplay
*Anti-Hacking features supported
*PvP Dueling system supported (1 on 1 or 3 vs 3)
*Necklace item supported! (upgradeable items)
*Indicates Realtime Seconds in top-panel (beside Points' panel)
*Player Commands supported (e.g. -repick, -ms, -ma, -clear etc. Click F9 for full command Documentation.)
*Assistance System
*Good-looking Scoreboard, perhaps :D
*Pet System Unavailable in this version
*Recipe System
*Personal Scoreboard
*Customized UI (Cursor as of now)
*MP System
*Switch System
*Item Anti-Theft system
*GC Skill Tree
*Anti-AFK System (New) Unavailable in this version

-More features to come in the upcoming versions!

-fh, -np, -nd, -kd, -ip

To be updated

Objective: To Get your Opponent's flag and bring them to your base.
Disabled Features:
* Usage of Dash Ability
* Usage of the commands: -nd

More Informations:

When you carry a flag, you move very slowly than before (the lowest movement speed which is 235) so better up yet get a strategy on how to get the flag.

Capture Points to Win the Game (Changes may occur in-game):

* 2 Points
* 5 Points
* 10 Points
* 13 Points
* 15 Points
* 20 Points
* 30 Points

I hope you enjoy playing my Map!
Don't forget to send feedbacks :)

v4.7:
*Kindly report bugs or suggestions about the Switch System, I'd like to work on it more
v4.8:
*If you have any suggestions regarding the newly implemented Anti-Sharing/Anti-Theft item system, please send them to me
v4.9:
*Please send any bug reports regarding the new Skill Tree system.

=-=-More Updates to come! Please continue sending feedbacks :)

Currently need who could make an AI or a model for the heroes for this xD

Notes: Please take note, the AI included here is a temporary one. I need help with this one perhaps. I'm still improving the AI for now.

Thank you for your understanding and ENJOY playing!

Keywords:
grand chase, grand, chase, job upgrade map, job, upgrading, hero arena, jim7777, productions, jim7777, gcmboards.co.cc
Contents

Grand Chase v5.2b (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/Jun/01 07:38:00 Comment: [Approved] Because it's an old map, the new rules do not apply to it, so it may stay approved. Resource Moderation - Rules Vengeancekael - Date: 2012/May/23 20:03:21...

M

Vengeancekael - [Contact]
Date: 2012/Jun/01 07:38:00

Comment: [Approved]
Because it's an old map, the new rules do not apply to it, so it may stay approved.

Resource Moderation - Rules

Vengeancekael -
Date: 2012/May/23 20:03:21

Reasons:

Other:
Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials
Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section
Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object editor, overall WE issues): WE Help Zone

Comment: [Rejected]
Ripped resources from non-blizzard games are not allowed. (Icons, models, skins, etc.)
Admin Contact - Resource Moderation - Rules
19:46, 3rd Aug 2010
ap0calypse: Approved

Level 1
maybe could I say in the Hero Arena maps? :)

I know for other kinds of maps.... but in hero arena... i don't think so

some RO arena maps have them too =)
sorry but that isnt unique anymore =p

EDIT: okay i found several bugs:

-fighter and...that other job(the 8th one) dont have a job advancement which makes them very underpowered =(

-druid's quest for advancing to the sentinel job doesnt work properly(those fragments just dont want to pop up no matter how much units u kill)

-mages attack type is magic? sorry but this is kinda gay cause almost everything has an advantage against magic >_>

- spearmens force skill does almost no dmg =O

-thiefs impact hit is way...WAAAAAY too strong. i almost 1hitted a boss. he had like 5k left out of 40k. fix that D=<

-attack=str,def=agi,vitality=int? sorry buts kinda awkward =O if u want a "attack, def, vitality" system, make str=vitality, def=agi(maybe without the attackspeed bonus) and int= damage and set every hero to main attribute=int

-seriously but are u insane? putting bash items ina map with that high attackspeed? its almost instant-win. erase the bash.

-i dont get it...what are those capsules supposed to do? u already have access to everything =O

Last edited:
Level 10
Only 2 characters which are the latest releases:
Fighter
Sieghart

.......... I could not find any info for their 2nd job... Because usually the languages are in korean... Even if I translate it, there are things that being not translated (Names, skill names and the likes). But maybe i could do the 2nd job on fighter

Thief 1 Hit:
I have already fixed that but sometimes, when other abilities collide with each other, the damage is becoming like what you have said. I would try to fix it on the next version or 3.3b. But... I don't think that 35k damage is true? I calculate the damage + number of waves and its only 840+. 35k damage? impossible......

Bash Item:
I would try to remove it in the shop. But i wouldn't remove it in the boss' item.... To hard to kill the boss :) There is only 1 bashed ability item... i am not sure but maybe its angelic giant bow..

Status (str,agi,int)
I would just change them..... I'll try if they would become balanced with each other.....

Attack Type:
I'll try to make all heroes' AT to Hero type.

Force Skill:
You must be good at handling spearman xD
But usually, wrong target does not make any damage. I'll try to change the damaging idea of force skill

Job Upgrade:
The Neutral Revive system that i created is not very flexible yet. In fact, sometimes, creeps being revived are just being not notified by the main function of the job upgrade system. I'll try to fix it on the next version. But, you could go to the other part of the map to look for fragments. The only problem in that is at neutral revive.

i forgot to change the Capsule cost :)..... The capsule that is in there was level 1.. so they are only accessible for low-level items.

Thanks for the feedbacks

Last edited:
Level 1
Only 2 characters which are the latest releases:
Fighter
Sieghart

.......... I could not find any info for their 2nd job... Because usually the languages are in korean... Even if I translate it, there are things that being not translated (Names, skill names and the likes). But maybe i could do the 2nd job on fighter
hm... can u send me the the link of the site with those job classes?

Thief 1 Hit:
I have already fixed that but sometimes, when other abilities collide with each other, the damage is becoming like what you have said. I would try to fix it on the next version or 3.3b. But... I don't think that 35k damage is true? I calculate the damage + number of waves and its only 840+. 35k damage? impossible......
my fault.
it wasnt impact but that fatal fury =O i dont know if it works at heroes but if it does, its kinda lame =/ i know its kinda % dmg but it should work tht hard on bosses and heroes.
Bash Item:
I would try to remove it in the shop. But i wouldn't remove it in the boss' item.... To hard to kill the boss :) There is only 1 bashed ability item... i am not sure but maybe its angelic giant bow..
yep it is. just remove its bash effect so its not that OP anymore

Status (str,agi,int)
I would just change them..... I'll try if they would become balanced with each other.....
hope so
Attack Type:
I'll try to make all heroes' AT to Hero type.
good=D
Force Skill:
You must be good at handling spearman xD
But usually, wrong target does not make any damage. I'll try to change the damaging idea of force skill

Job Upgrade:
The Neutral Revive system that i created is not very flexible yet. In fact, sometimes, creeps being revived are just being not notified by the main function of the job upgrade system. I'll try to fix it on the next version. But, you could go to the other part of the map to look for fragments. The only problem in that is at neutral revive.
i raided the whole map (except for the small mob in front of the vamp boss) and nothing has been dropped for the druid.
ive tested almost all other heroes(except that sieghart) and it worked.

i forgot to change the Capsule cost :)..... The capsule that is in there was level 1.. so they are only accessible for low-level items.
ok..

Level 10
Fatal Fury?
Main Idea of it was just based on the Online Gaming client...... i just increase the % of life being left... because the online gaming client uses 8% as the life would be left.
Effects:
L1 - 20% LifePoints left
L2 - 15% LifePoints left
L3 - 13% LifePoints left
L4 - 10% LifePoints left

2nd Job Classes:
Find it @ grandchase.net (For English)

I just check the wiki there but sometimes quite confusing on their names

http://games.levelupgames.uol.com.br/grandchase/ (Brazilian version, more advanced.... Translate it at Google Translation :) )

For the Druid Job Quest... I have already fixed... I would just release 3.3b maybe later..... :)

Thanks again for feedbacks

EDIT:
Check 3.3b for features :)

The updates are for 3.4 bug there are several bugs.... to hard to comply with a new feature....

Last edited:
Level 1
Fatal Fury?
Main Idea of it was just based on the Online Gaming client...... i just increase the % of life being left... because the online gaming client uses 8% as the life would be left.
Effects:
L1 - 20% LifePoints left
L2 - 15% LifePoints left
L3 - 13% LifePoints left
L4 - 10% LifePoints left
hm does it work on heroes? if yes, please change it.
also, u can kill the vamp boss very easy if one of you stay as a thief while the others are ugrading.

2nd Job Classes:
Find it @ grandchase.net (For English)

I just check the wiki there but sometimes quite confusing on their names

http://games.levelupgames.uol.com.br/grandchase/ (Brazilian version, more advanced.... Translate it at Google Translation :) )

meh... well i cant use google translation cause that charracter stuff is in flash =/

For the Druid Job Quest... I have already fixed... I would just release 3.3b maybe later..... :)

yay ill try druid right now =D

Level 2
I am also a Grand Chase player.... this map is good.... But I would send you some bug reports if there are bugs or exploits.... but for now.... please make this map a more usable one.... thanks for rewriting it for Warcraft 3 Patch 1.24b..... I hope more versions to come!

Level 9
Ok, played this 3 times, I liked it, but got some complaints which result into suggestions:

-the map lacks information of how to get the next job, it only says what u need when u buy the scroll, not when u repick it, I coudn't figure out where to find medal the first time either, more description in quest log plz

-i hate how the item from the vampire drops when u die, u worked so hard to get it and can't even keep it

-I played archer which is a pretty imba class, but I found the crosbowman more imba than the arch ranger, I wish arch ranger had multishot

-arch ranger's chakra ability got me stuck several times

-arch ranger's hyper shot does 10 damage <.<

Well that's it for now, I still liked the map very much, else I woudn't have played it so much, still needs work on description in game and those bugs I mentioned. Worth a 4/5 for now

Level 10
this map would be better if it had custom icons and models

3/5

... Yeah.... some icons were customized but I really don't know how to make a model and I can't find any model suitable for it.

skamigo said:
-the map lacks information of how to get the next job, it only says what u need when u buy the scroll, not when u repick it, I coudn't figure out where to find medal the first time either, more description in quest log plz

-i hate how the item from the vampire drops when u die, u worked so hard to get it and can't even keep it

-I played archer which is a pretty imba class, but I found the crosbowman more imba than the arch ranger, I wish arch ranger had multishot

-arch ranger's chakra ability got me stuck several times

I'll add more information on the next version...

But I cannot understand the bugs of Arch Ranger.......
Like dealing 10 damage? or the chakra ability stucks?

But I understand chakra ability stucks..... maybe of some codes rewritten for 1.24b.

But could you please explain Hyper Shot Deals 10 Damage?

Level 2
i appreciate this map.... Its really good but you could make it more better if this map has custom models for heroes. Some spells are just very shallow spells or just not to many special effects but I accept the effort. I think you have some reasons for this or for the recoding for 1.24b there may be some bugs so don't forget to check them. I also appreciate that you made this 1.24 compatible. I am also wandering that your map is compatible with any war3 versions without any bugs. I didn't find any bugs on 1.20 - 1.23 versions. I really like your map.

4/5

Improving it more may make it more of high quality like the terrain design. This map version has the ladder system too but it needs the ladder tool right?

I appreciate for a well-made mode, gameplay commands and multiboard system. = 5/5
Just a suggestion for the terrain, do not forget to mix terrain textures to made a good terrain combination. = 3/5
Job Upgrade and spells works great! Hope you improve the spells more on the next versions! = 4/5
Killing System, Neutrals and Mini boss works great and blend together. I suggest you to just decrease the creeps being spawned by a hidden unit if i am right by 10% to avoid some lagging. = 4/5
PvP System, GCM sounds and the icons are really based from the Online GC Game! Thats very nice. You use custom icons for the game more easy to understand. For the Job Quests, you also add some details on where to get the items. = 3/5

My Total Points / Opinion = 19/25

Level 10
i am still thinking about the models... but they could be made later.... because most of the players of my map ask for an AI for it.... but I don't know how to made one.... i'll check it out for the models.....

but thanks for your suggestion........
Grand Chase updated to 3.7b

Level 10
I have many Compression Tools here at My PC so don't worry Frozen Fenrir, It would only take 0.1 - 0.4MB depending on model size + Optimizer.... so it would not accumulate the size of the map..

@wolf
yes some are imbalanced because I change some abilities to look enjoyable and fun and players don't think "This is just like a melee game"...
But most damage are based on the hero's based Attribute....
But thanks for your feedback, its just a beta....

@DarkHorse
That's good! If you could make one, just PM me

@all
A new version is coming, I'm not sure If I would make it beta or an official 4.0.
** Update:
New PvP System (depending on Battle Mode)
Hero & Item reworks.
Game Events Added
Balance Improvements

Please visit http://gcmboards.co.cc for more info

Thanks for your feedbacks!

Level 2
Heyy.. its me xD

Its been a long time we haven`t tested your map.
I Agree about the Bash item its so imbalanced with heroes like archer
which has high attack speed.

If i only know jass x]

I Would like to see new models
it would be so cool and enjoyable seeing
new fun gameplay

Does item requirements that neutral drops still exist?
its kinda messy ,
Maybe remove few items in periodic time and stuff

4.5/5 =] Goodwork jimmboo..

Level 10
[qoute]Does item requirements that neutral drops still exist?
its kinda messy ,
Maybe remove few items in periodic time and stuff[/quote]

its hard to make an easy respawn system especially with dropping items. They still need to be stored in order. I'm just doing an old thing unit respawn system because there might be some bugs within the item drop so i'm still making it that way.

Btw. this update version is already fixed with attack speed.. if you haven't check upgrading your character, its attack speed is almost the same except for Arme because I want it to be balanced with the items. You could check them if you do not see them. And, haven't you seen the new model of Elesis? its quite good but i don't know the name of the author because its just submitted to me.

Its quite balanced right now. Only thing is the messy thing xD
Maybe I'm sure you haven't tested this version already although its in openbeta version. Why not check it, in fact, there is a temporary AI included to this version. Why not check it out

Level 4
What do you mean by 'temporary' AI?

EDIT
Oh I see. Well I hope you continue to improve the AI.

I found some problems though, not sure if connected with the AI.

1) Generic Sneakers would be appearing(spawned or drop by AI?) in front of the opposite side's entrance.
2) At the end of the duel, the loser would spawn at the opposite castle area, appearing near the winner. This causes problems, because if I win a duel, I can just follow them out the gate and kill them again.

Last edited:
Level 10
At the end of the duel, the loser would spawn at the opposite castle area, appearing near the winner. This causes problems, because if I win a duel, I can just follow them out the gate and kill them again.

what do you mean? Could you specify which mode do you use? If the Team Battle or Single Battle Mode and i can't deeply understand what you are saying. I know that the lose in a duel spawns at their own side (except for the Single Battle Mode) and the winners would just spawn where they are before the start of the duel.

And about the Generic Sneakers, its an AI thing. I'm still fixing that because There are still some problems with AI although they can only still buy the Generic Sneakers item. I don't think maybe its dropped by AI and a little tweak is happening making the AI buy another generic sneaker then drop it then buy it and so on...

And about the problems, i think its with an AI thing but I'm not sure with the 2nd one

Last edited:
Level 4
It was Single Battle Mode.
I was on the northwest castle and the AI was at the southeast castle.
First Duel: AI Killed me. We both spawned at the southeast castle.
Second Duel: I killed the AI. We both spawned at the northwest castle.

Level 5
some RO arena maps have them too =)
sorry but that isnt unique anymore =p

EDIT: okay i found several bugs:

-fighter and...that other job(the 8th one) dont have a job advancement which makes them very underpowered =(

-druid's quest for advancing to the sentinel job doesnt work properly(those fragments just dont want to pop up no matter how much units u kill)

-mages attack type is magic? sorry but this is kinda gay cause almost everything has an advantage against magic >_>

- spearmens force skill does almost no dmg =O

-thiefs impact hit is way...WAAAAAY too strong. i almost 1hitted a boss. he had like 5k left out of 40k. fix that D=<

-attack=str,def=agi,vitality=int? sorry buts kinda awkward =O if u want a "attack, def, vitality" system, make str=vitality, def=agi(maybe without the attackspeed bonus) and int= damage and set every hero to main attribute=int

-seriously but are u insane? putting bash items ina map with that high attackspeed? its almost instant-win. erase the bash.

-i dont get it...what are those capsules supposed to do? u already have access to everything =O

I think you don't play the REAL GRANDCHASE...
The Impact Hit can really do insane damage cus in the real game.. It could turn u "FATAL"... So its no big deal, So if you didn't play the Real Game, Don't complain about the skill.

And about the Job Advancement... Because they are not still implemented and yet they cannot be underpowered, If you know how to play the game Smooth and Cool >_>...

Level 3
You gotta do something about duel system. The never-ending duels are really annoying stuff. And yes, on one of the modes (tourney one I think) everyone start as an enemy. It's ok, but at the bottom castle nobody starts invulnerable. Everyone was vulnerable from the beginning, and just attacked eachother (talkin' about PC players). Just stood there, healed and fought.

Level 10
I'm already fixing those on 4.3b

and about that never ending battles, why? It depends on number of deaths or current hp of heroes. If those are the same after duel ends, the duel continues or repeats again.

If you test it on AI, i'm sure it would gonna happen because its not yet fully developed. They are only fighting on Team Battle mode but not sure on single battle though.

Level 2
well...
first of all...
why are you using GC Brazil to improve the map?
use NAGC (North-american GC) to do it
they got all characters (up to the new one, Dio) and got all 4th jobs (except Dio and Mari)
mari got 3th and dio is... new^^

there are descriptions without any end and the holy brave rune Weapon+ is rigged... you pay 1000 gold for 30 stats and the brave rune for 500 and raises 1 stat

increase the price of holy brave rune+ or lower the effect

then...

here the link for informations about the classes
http://wiki.ntreev.net/grandchase/index.php/Main_Page

now hf in improving the map^^

Level 2
yes but mari and amy are fine

mari for example can summon those blades... and the turrets they are easy built and put in a spellbook for mari so she can cast them(except the energy ball... it isnt needed)

and amy is way easier... just put a dance mode skill and 2 battle mode skills in it

dio would be very hard because he is completly new... he got a special system that requires a combination of keys... wouldnt be nice^^

Level 10
I am basing the skills in ntreev. I only use other GC country games because sometimes, the skill descriptions in ntreev are way too general that you can't completely know what they do so it will be better to find other descriptions and try to merge the ideas..

but oh well still thinking of which hero to create next probably 4.5 version but no plans for dio or even mari but mostly 2nd job of amy

Level 10
maybe seems to other it not died but the upcoming 4.5 has lots of ultra super mega duper updates :) hahaha

and I'm also making it a big patch so it takes long to release the new version and also i'm making my new map so things go gradually and I'm making sure it is correct and less bugs this time..

Level 2
well ok
but i have one suggestion
the holy brave rune weapon+ is too cheap and gives too much bonuses
30 to all stats for 1000 gold is way too much
and the holy brave rune weapon for 500 gold only gives 1 to all stats
change it
and it will be much better
and i hope in the next update there is mari *mari addicted*