• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Teelo's CTF mod pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Map name: CTF mod pack
Created by: Teelo
Current stage: Alpha
Map category: Altered Melee

I'm writing a mod for general WC3 melee maps in JASS, that clones the "weird" game styles from Starcraft. I'm doing this all in JASS, using existing units/items where needed, so that to send the mod pack to another map, you just need to rip the JASS out and import it into another melee map.

For the full mod package to run (the hosts menu), GetHost and Event are needed. Their current version are included with the mod pack.

The packages I'm working on at the moment are:
Hosts Menu - A menu that the host of the game can use to select which mod they want the game to be played using. This will be a standard dialog box shown to the game host at the start of the game. The host will be asked for the gameplay settings... For example if they choose "Greed", then they will be asked for the resource requirements.
Capture The Flag - When the bases are created, a Circle of Power and flag will be given to each player. In addition to normal melee victory rules, another way to win is to pickup your enemies flag and bring it back to your base. If you succeed without stealthing (Windwalk/Invisibility), then you will win.
Greed - As part of the Hosts Menu package, the host will be asked for a resource target. The first player to reach that resource target will win (if they don't defeat their enemies with normal melee rules sooner).
Slaughter - In Starcraft, this involved the player with the most unit kills before the time limit. I'm going to deviate from this a bit, the host will be able to decide whether to impose a time limit or not, but the general requirement will be the player with the highest combined hero level. So if the requirement is level 10, then the first player with a level 10 hero will win, or the first player with two level 5 heroes.
Sudden Death - The loss of any Town Hall/Great Hall/Tree of Life/Necropolis will defeat you. I dare you to expo!
King of the Hill - I'm not sure what this involves. I need to dig up my copy of Starcraft and find out.

I'm writing the individual mods so that if you only want to extract one of the game modes to another melee map, you can do that. The individual mods don't require the menu to run. However, without the menu, you will need to set that mods "Init" trigger to run during map initialization.

I've attached my latest build on the 1v1 Terenas Stand map. Capture the Flag is mostly complete, Greed is complete, Slaughter is started, and the other modes have not yet been started.

If you've got time, please jump on bnet and help me test this. Its very hard to test this sort of thing in single player! The AI behaves.... well it goes crazy on CTF.

Attachments

• (2)TerenasStandModified.w3x
    131.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.