• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Minigame] Space Orcs vs Goblins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Yeah, there where some thing spoken on this so here!
I present you the WIP of:
Space Orcs
vs
Goblins

Because I hate Orcs and Goblins I created a map where they are killing each other.
Goblins have found a valuable red crystal that can be sold for millions and Space Orcs want it.

Basically in this map you select one of the 9 classes of each race and with the special abilities each one of them posseses you control them the best you can in order to destroy the enemies base. There are also some vehicles (tanks e.t.c.) which are at least for now, not available for players. I'll may add a Enter-Vehicle system.
The 9 classes are:
For Space Orcs:
208061-albums6094-picture65145.jpg

and for Goblins:
208061-albums6094-picture65148.jpg

Here is the Goblin Base:
208061-albums6094-picture65144.jpg

and here is the Space Orc Base:
208061-albums6094-picture65149.jpg

Because blah blah is boring here are some gameplay screens.
THE MAP IS STILL WIP SO FOLLOWING ICONS MUST NOT BE JUGDED VERY STRICTLY. JUST OPINIONS.

208061-albums6094-picture65142.jpg

208061-albums6094-picture65146.jpg

208061-albums6094-picture65150.jpg

208061-albums6094-picture65143.jpg

Please read the following part! Your opinion is in great need!
So I'm trying to create a camera system which I actually created with the help of Maker. I'm just not sure if it's comfortable and smooth.
So here it is:
208061-albums6094-picture65147.jpg

There is also a fuction in which when you press the up button, the camera turns for 1-2 seconds like this so you can see what's up in the air.
Check it: (the screenshot is a bit fucked up)
208061-albums6094-picture65151.jpg

All I need is your opinion about the whole map e.t.c e.t.c.e.t.c.:wink:

Progress:
Terrain:IIIIIIIIII
Gameplay:IIIIIIIIII
Unit Skills:IIIIIIIIII
Secret Heroes: (It's secret no spread:wink:) IIIIIIIIII

Last edited:
Level 16
You should introduce fog of war to the map. That will incorporate stealth, etc. You should also add a sky. In the screenshots, the camera shows a black sky (means there is no sky set). Under "Environment", add a sky.

I can't tell you too much without playing your map or a youtube video. Pherhaps you could add either if not both to your map desciption.

Level 14
Radicool, at least for now the map will be only for 1 player (It's already 4,3MB/8MB soit has a small chance of becoming MultiPlayer).
Fog of war will be useless. However I'll add some passages that will help you move covered. Also some specific kind of units (snippers) have special abilities to remain hiden e.t.c.

Furiion52, thanks for comment but it will take some time. Gameplay needs a lot of work.

tough_zai,
those models are Frankster's.
You can find them here.

Thanks everyone!!!

Last edited:
Level 23
Suggestions:
-In your Goblin's base camp, you should add some more buildings/doodads. Because it looks dull atm. (the orc's base looks fine already but there is always room for improvement)
-Instead of destroying each other's base, what about making it like the secret mission of blood elves (or maybe naga) in the campaign where you have to control and defend illidan's cage until it reaches your base, you can replace illidan's cage with a huge truck carrying a load of crystals and when the crystal reach your base, you have to defend it for a couple of minutes or so to win.
-if you plan on making this as a single player map, what about making AI for it?

but your idea is still awesome, these are just ideas that I think might make it even more awesome. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.