• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Naruto Uzumaki - The Life of a Young Shinobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
This is a pre-time skip naruto campaign which I've been working on for over a year now. It will contain more or less 10 levels and I'm currently working on level 7, so its about 75% finished.

This campaign involves several novel features because as far as I know its the first warcraft 3 naruto campaign out there.

Features:

- An extensive number of jutsus for the main characters of the series using spellbooks.
- Dynamic, triggered battles where strategy is required to win. Enemy jutsus can be either blocked or dodge via specific abilities.
- A novel tree jumping system which allows you to explore the map in a fun way.
- Detailed cinematics and boss battles with Naruto villians such as Gaara, Orochimaru and Zabuza.
- Fun mini-games using arrow keys for optional quests.

Videos and Screenshot galleries can be found in the link below, as this project was and still is being developed in Chaos Realm, which as a more anime-oriented warcraft 3 site than Hive:

Map Development Link: http://chaosrealm.info/topic/7923538/1/
Screenshot Gallery Link: http://postimage.org/gallery/3juz1yqo/

The reason I'm posting my project development here is because now that its nearly finished, I wish for people here to know of it so that they play it when its released. Another reason is that I still have some issues in which I need help and the final reason is that some of my contributions to this site have for some reason been deleted/rejected out of hand and I do not want this to happen again. A year ago I uploaded a short cinematic in the map section and it was rejected after 10 minutes without any explanation.

Please give me some feedback on the terrain so far and on the battle videos. And if anyone wishes to help in any way please say so. Thanks

Some new terrain screenshots from level 7:

A new innovative boss battle for the campaign. Comment and rate!

Last edited:
Well, some help to get map APPROVED

1. remember to use proper map description for your map.

REASONS :
>>Most Case of map get Rejected it this
>>Description has a great impact for people to play your map

2. Clean as many leaks as possible

REASONS :
>>This one is Hard, as it need tons of Debugs and Trigger Check, but this also influence the gameplay, leakless maps are more likely approved

3. (Also the last) Bring something special to the maps

REASONS :
>>Obvious, to make people enjoy the map - maybe laugh if it was very funny - Scared if very scary maps etc

Level 5
@Daffa, I hope to meet all of these criteria, except the second one. I have read that leaks are undesirable due to the fact that they cause lag. I didn't experience any lag whenever I tested my campaign, even when I tried it on a relatively old PC, so I don't think leaks are going to be much of an issue here. This is different from a multiplayer map, where people are using several abilities repeatedly, so I guess its harder for leaks to accumulate.

Level 5
Of course they're triggered (some of them can be seen in the last screenshots). But the majority of them are not MUI as there is no need for them to be. Each character has specific spells that only they can use, so MUI is not really needed, as there is no chance of multiple characters casting the same spell.

Level 5
I haven't found enough tilesets to change my entire campaign so far. Until I do so, everything is staying the same, cause I'm not changing a couple of levels and leave the rest the same. Its either everything or nothing. Thanks for the feedback though.

Level 6
Looks funny, but laggy) You should make jumps more slow or something to avoid those lags. And btw picking a tree should be pointed somehow else, not just with shaking it. But the fight itself looks quite interesting.

Level 5
I forgot to mention that the lag was a result of the recording of the gameplay and is not present ingame. Moreover, regarding the shaking of trees, that was the best method I could find, cause creating a special effect on the chosen tree was causing me lots of problems. But an animation can be easily turned off and on without any problems so it was much simpler and at the same time it doesn't look unnatural.

Level 11
Naruto Shippuuden is my favorite Anime! But still, I'm not expecting this map to be finished.
(Not trying to offend you)
'cause it really hurts, when you expect a great resource coming out and then it wont.
It's like Chuck Norris heart rip attack with kick in the face combo.

Anyway, the snipershots looks good, but I think you need to add more buildings in that village area. You got some NPCs there... Are they attack-able? I like killing helpless NPCs on RPG/Campaign maps... Yeah. Keep. it. app. licationdata.

Level 5
Of course you can't kill NPCs!! But you get to throw shurikens at Ebisu, so don't worry about that :)

I'm not offended with your comment, many people don't finish their maps. However this one is just two levels away from completion and I'm aiming to release it by September so I think you can get your hopes up a little.

@divinelight As you say there are only 3 tilesets, which is nowhere near enough for an entire campaign. So I'm using standard stuff.

Btw, did anyone actually see the video? Cause only one guy commented on that. I want to know what you think about that system.

Level 13
Of course you can't kill NPCs!!
ignore him, just ignore him.. it's my best suggestion

@divinelight As you say there are only 3 tilesets, which is nowhere near enough for an entire campaign. So I'm using standard stuff.
you decide, but make it smooth don't sharp, it's horrible

Btw, did anyone actually see the video? Cause only one guy commented on that. I want to know what you think about that system.
i see it..
your system is good, is unique.. better than other naruto map..
i see you put all work for it

but it's kinda lame.. maybe just my opinion, nevermind..

keep up the good work
good luck with this project
images

Level 5
How can you say that if you don't know the context in which it is being said? In this case, "it is I" is the correct way of saying it.
And besides, is that all you saw of interest in this update? An "apparent" grammatical mistake?

Level 5
Still have two levels to finish and the credits. However I haven't worked on it in three weeks cause I'm very busy at the moment. But I'll resume working on it in the middle of next week hopefully.

Level 6
Judging from the screenshots and the video, the terrain needs more work. It doesn't FEEL like Naruto, so you have to work on the atmosphere. That includes the terrain, models, sounds, design, etc. It would be nice if you took the basic Naruto terrain in the anime and made more DYNAMIC, explorable, and such.

From the video, it looks like gameplay is great. The tree movement should be more fast-paced in my opinion. Maybe you could set it that every time you press a certain button, you would automatically jump from tree to tree, towards where the camera is facing.

Also from the video, I could see that movement is kinda weird at the moment, and it's too slow. In Naruto, they're Ninjas/Shinobis. Which means battles shouldn't be slow and should be fast paced. You can draw some ideas and inspiration from the Naruto games for consoles.

If you ever need ideas, send me a message! :) God Bless!

+Support for this map!

Level 5
Thanks for the support.

About the terrain, I know its not animish, however I don't have enough tiles to make an entire campaign in anime style, so I decided to use the normal warcraft tile. This also meant that normal warcraft doodads and creeps will fit it well if need be.

About the atmosphere, I'm not sure what you mean when you say models and designs. Nearly all the units used in the campaign used custom models and I don't know what you mean by design. As for sounds, I used the original Naruto soundtrack for nearly all cinematics and music from popular Naruto games for the gameplay, but you couldn't really know that from the screenshots and videos, so its alright.

You are also right about the tree movement. I fixed it since I created the original video and now it is more fast paced, although I suspect still not as much as you would have liked. It would have been impractical to make it like in the anime, since it would be extremely difficult to control that way.

I would be grateful if you could tell me from which video you got the idea that the battles are slow and whether you have any tips on how I could improve this shortcoming.

Level 6
About terrain - you can see the screenshots of Naruto terrain on my account page, but here's one.
156685-albums6227-picture67108.jpg

If you need any of those tiles or models - I can ask our Guild to share them with you. The project you can see on the screenshots is closed, so I think that it won't be a problem. Just pm me if you're interested.

Level 5
Thanks, I'd appreciate it if you could do that. I didn't plan on redoing the entire terrain (its going to be over ten levels, eight of which are already finished). However hearing the large amount of complaints about it may make me change my mind, especially once I finish it. By the way, is that rock texture a tile or a doodad? Because I could use a tile like that, especially since it would only involve changing the path of the tiles I currently have instead of having to redo the entire terrain manually :)

Status
Not open for further replies.